Oregon versa cut bars

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
3:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thought it would be good to start a thread on these bars to share experiences. I have been testing two versa cut bars for a while and have been pleased with how they are working. Number one they are cheap, around 65 bucks I believe for a 24” bar. Number two the oiler holes are a nice size and they seem to oil well/not clog easily. Number three the tip has been holding up well bore cutting hardwoods and it has 5 rivets not 4. Number 4 the bar seems to be stiff enough where it’s not floppy yet it seems flexible and forgiving when subjected to a pinch. Number 5 they just look cool. Potential negatives? Well the tip isn’t replaceable :(... but I find when a tip is shot usually the rest of the bar is junk from my experiences. Second negative is they only make up to 24” in size. Some more options would be nice. I’ll keep updating this thread until I finally wear it out, be interesting to see how long it lasts.8BF58990-0CCB-43CB-BC16-183E3F9258BF.jpeg

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just sit at home in my armchair with my saw with no gas or oil in it and pretend to cut wood with specs on paper...

Last edited:

BK13

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I ever get around to buying a 572, I'd sure like to run a 28" bar on it. Price-wise, I'd sure like to run a Versacut if they made one, but as of right now it would probably get a Tsumura.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I ever get around to buying a 572, I'd sure like to run a 28" bar on it. Price-wise, I'd sure like to run a Versacut if they made one, but as of right now it would probably get a Tsumura.
Tsumura is a good bar for the $ too. I think if oregon came out with a 28” in the versacut they could take some sales from the tsumura’s if they undercut them in price like they do with the 24” and under.

Slacker

Hunny Locust Skipchain Sparker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
This discussion has my interest as I have a brand new shiny MS462C MMWS on order. **Really stoked, btw.**
7 more weeks...but who's counting?

I want a 28" for it, but it will rarely get used. A 24" Tsumara will be the main bar on it, swapped for a 20" when bucking locust because I can touch up the chain faster.

If I could get an inexpensive Oregon 28" that would be great. Second choice is a Tsumara LW.

deye223

AIR FUEL SPARK VROOOOOM
Local time
5:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This discussion has my interest as I have a brand new shiny MS462C MMWS on order. **Really stoked, btw.**
7 more weeks...but who's counting?

I want a 28" for it, but it will rarely get used. A 24" Tsumara will be the main bar on it, swapped for a 20" when bucking locust because I can touch up the chain faster.

If I could get an inexpensive Oregon 28" that would be great. Second choice is a Tsumara LW.

There's only about 4 or 5 cutters difference