Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
2:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm on my 2nd versacut Mason. The first one wore like a rollomatic e bar..they are just fine for the price.
That’s what I was thinking for the $ they seem good

I'll fess right up to being a VersaCut slacker too. When I saw the lack of a changeable tip I thought it was more of a homeowner bar. But if you guys say it is good, maybe I should take a second look at them and try one out myself.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll fess right up to being a VersaCut slacker too. When I saw the lack of a changeable tip I thought it was more of a homeowner bar. But if you guys say it is good, maybe I should take a second look at them and try one out myself.

I've never changed a bar tip and don't have any plans to.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Speaking of the rollomatic e bar, does the VersaCut have a grease hole/s?
I’ll check, but grease in my experiences is not really needed on any bar. The tip gets its oil from the oiler, if your oiler is too stingy or turned down too much you will kill tips bore cutting.

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hear you. Just me.
On cars, they make greaseable ball joints, and sealed non-greaseable ball joints. They both work.

Shanesaw80

Tree Assassin
Local time
1:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I never grease bar tips but again I normally run stihl bars so it isn’t an option anyway. I do usually carry a spare tip. Depending on the work I’m doing it’s much easier to pack a spare tip up a mountain then whole bar with the rest of my gear and spare parts. I’ll always have a spare bar at the heli pad but if it’s a quick tip swap then it saves me a ton of time.

That being said I probably won’t be trying the VersaCut due to the limited lengths available and non replaceable tip.