Opti 2 trouble HELP!!

byebyebigblock

OPE Member
Local time
3:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hello
Having trouble with my saws using any other oil besides this Opti-2. Is it the ratio
My saws will not run on any other oil. Saw will stumble and then not start. My question is why?
And how do I get saw acclimated to new oil and ratio?
Thank you

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Will they idle? If so start tuning the L until you get good response. I've never used that oil to know which way it effects the tune.

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What ratio are you mixing? If you are using the 1.8oz they recommend you are at 70:1.

byebyebigblock

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sunday my saw ran out of fuel I grabbed my buddy's can he runs Yamaha R or something not sure I know it's Yamaha at 40:1
I top off my saw as I'm cutting it starts to sputter and gets clumsy throttle response. I finish cut and then could not start the saw back up until I dumped his fuel and put mine in and ran it for a bit. How do I get my saw to except another oil or I'm assuming it's the ratio that's the problem. It takes about 1.3 ounce of oil per gallon. That's not a lot of oil. The plug looked fine.

byebyebigblock

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Funny you say that nowhere on bottle does it say the ratio.
I only translated it to a bottle of Husqvarna oil mixing on back of bottle.
No more Opti for me.
Thanks for the help!!!!!

Frogfarmer

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
We sold Opti 2 at the shop and it's good oil. I don't use or recommend any oil at 100:1 for OPE. I run 40:1 and haven't ever had an issue. We sold alot of the Opti 2 and I never did a warranty claim because of the oil.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
2:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We sold Opti 2 at the shop and it's good oil. I don't use or recommend any oil at 100:1 for OPE. I run 40:1 and haven't ever had an issue. We sold alot of the Opti 2 and I never did a warranty claim because of the oil.

Thanks for real feedback sir.

I cringe when I hear people talking about crazy ratios. I saw a 088 melt the rod bearing on Amsoil @ 80:1

That's not to say that Amsoil is bad oil........I've used it at 40:1 and liked it.

byebyebigblock

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
IMG_7948.PNG This is the bottle.
My intent was not to bash the oil company. Now knowing the ratio is 70:1. I intend to adjust the ratio to 40:1 retune the saw then replace the oil with something my buddy uses. So the next time I run out of fuel my saw won't stumble and act so strange that I think the carb is loose.

Thanks

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You don't have to use the same oil as your buddy, if your ratio is the same tune will be close. Might only need just a slight turn on the carb

tp2177

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Dealer sold me that stuff and recommended it over anything else. I didn't realize it for the first gallon or two that the mixture was so lean on the first few tanks of my cs-590. Luckily it didn't hurt anything. I've since thrown that crap away. It may be great oil and apparently protected very well but I won't do business with any company that will willingly tell it's customers to go way about the recommendations of a manufacturer. I was thinking I was doing the 40:1 ratio cause I would mix 2 gallons worth of oil for 1.8 gallons so I guess that's what helped protect my equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro