Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
7:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
3 things....

THE BIG BOX IS HERE! and unscathed, and EARLY!

I'll go through it this evening and see what I come up with!

TWO.... @Glock37 has the prototype rod for the 242xp. it works with the small sleeve. I'll let him comment on how it looks.

this rod is an OPTION on the original kit. it is not specifically included in the kit because most people won't need the 242 specifically and its thread patters are ...uh... odd.

THREE.... included in the big box are rods that are specific to the 660's. this again is specific to this saw, but will be available as a specific stand alone kit for those that don't want/need the full kit and just want to be able to assemble a 660 with good tools.

more updates to come as the evening goes along!

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
1:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
it is not specifically included in the kit because most people won't need the 242 specifically and its thread patters are ...uh... odd.
them thread patters are.....not odd.
Standard M8 and 3/8 UNC, both are very common in any mechanical shop, used on 133/234/238/242/246/42, also used on 44/444, probleby also the oldies like 340/240 etc.
I designed an special 242 sleeve tonight :D and a bunch more...;)

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, they are odd compared to all the saws currently in production... necessitating a specific tool for that family. Or, ... at least that makes them odd from my perspective lol. Thanks for chiming in here Tor... big help to a lotta folks that wanna do these series of saws.

@twinstaged .... one word. JACKPOT. thanks so much for this nice machining. everone's gonna be really happy with what they get. I'm headed downstairs asap to get stuff packed up for everyone and will hopefully ship out tomorrow!

I have put down a deposit for the next order. Hopefully Kelby will have that turned around pretty quick and I'll actually be able to stock these things lol.

Next batch is 12 pieces. 1/12 is already spoken for.

Glock37

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I threaded the 242 rod on crank , tried both ends they fit very tightly but easy
I have installed a crank with this yet but i cant see it wont do the job and making it very easy to do
Thanks Matt

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Still using USPS. :banghead:

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
shipt! yey!

I'm now taking preorders for the next batch.

Also, those that need a 242 rod can contact me ...this will be a nice addition to anyone with an existing kit.

Those that want a stand alone 660 kit can contact me, I have some in stock.

Last edited: