One case tool to rule them all!

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Haven't heard from @twinstaged in a while...hope everything is ok.

He's machining the new parts for me... the sample he sent was spot on. So I ordered 10 sets from him, but I haven't heard anything in weeks ...and he hasn't checked into ope in a week. So ... I dunno whats up.
Ugh.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Used my tool last night, again.

The Damn thing is a life saver. With a large washer, it can be used to pull bearings in as well.

Guess I’m one of the few guys that doesn’t have a ton of luck installing bearings and cranks with heat. Used to be a race against time/cooling, with the brass hammer swinging faster than one would think.

I honestly questioned the utility of this tool when @Mattyo was developing it. I couldn’t have ever been more incorrect.

Not sure how I lived without it.

BuckthornBonnie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Used my tool last night, again.

The Damn thing is a life saver. With a large washer, it can be used to pull bearings in as well.

Guess I’m one of the few guys that doesn’t have a ton of luck installing bearings and cranks with heat. Used to be a race against time/cooling, with the brass hammer swinging faster than one would think.

I honestly questioned the utility of this tool when @Mattyo was developing it. I couldn’t have ever been more incorrect.

Not sure how I lived without it.
Same. I still use heat to install bearings, but these tools makes installing the crank easy.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks guys, kind words.

As of right now, 5/10 slots are taken for this next batch.

@twinstaged ... do we have an ETA?

Last edited:

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does the new batch have all the upgrades -- bells and whistles?
Direct me to a video so I can look it over again. May be an early Christmas present.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This kit is fairly Universal there's only a few random things that it won't do at this point namely the 242xp and that family only because Husqvarna decided to make both of the ends of the crank they're really odd so I am working on a custom rod for that saw as well But most people won't need that and it is not part of the standard kit the other thing that I am currently working on is a stand-alone kit for the Stihl 660 s because there are plenty of people that just want to build those hope this helps send me a private message if you are still interested

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Spoke to twin on sunday. He said he would box up monday. I've called him all 3 days this week and have not heard back.

@twinstaged ...can you chime in?

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok....the tracking number was for a drop shipped piece. The main shipment of rods and sleeves is leaving Ohio tomorrow and will be to me midweek. I should be shipping out all 10 sets by end of week.