Official "2017" You suck Thread

raumati01

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Went to my local small motor repair shop today, might have a line on some potential suckage in the form of a husky 288 that the customer doesn't want tp pay to repair . The only issue is the shop owner is well into the crazy old loon stage of his existence and when I tried to buy some other saws out of his pile the conversation went like this
" what do you want for those 025s ?"
" I'm not interested in rebuilding those"
"That's cool , I'll buy them off you and rebuild them "
" I'm too old and can't be bothered building saws anymore "
"Sweet name your price and I'll take them off your hands"
" I used to rebuild them but new saws are so cheap people just buy some piece of crap from a big box store"
" ok so what about that 039?"
"They were never a good saw, too big for what they were and I don't bother building saws anymore"
"Sigh"

He was keen to get rid of the 288 though so I will follow that up .

Tundra

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
It's not a chainsaw, but hey it's a husky and was FREE. Got it from my sister in law's neighbor that moved to Charlotte from Cleveland, Ohio. I don't know if it was ever even used. Husky SST 227IMG_20170127_203125585.jpg

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
1:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 52182
Picked this up today. The guy had it listed as an 044, so I asked him if he replaced the tanks at some point, because of the flippy caps? He said, "Oops, my bad. It's a MS 440 Magnum I bought brand new" and gave me the serial number to check. It is indeed a MS 440 bought by him in 2005. The top covers are AM due to a limb shot, but it fires up easy, and runs really well....

I'm not used to paying big money for saws, but $350 seemed reasonable.

Jon are you feverish or is the awesomeness of being surrounded by creamsickles all day starting wear off on you?

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does it have to be from 2017 to share?

Last year I stopped by a tree service, asked the guy, you have any saws you don't use anymore, broken down ones? Him- sure I have some, what are you looking for. Me- 70cc and up.

He comes out of his shop with this ms440. I looked it over asked how much? Him- I don't know how about $60. Me being a haggler, how about $50, he comes back with well the air filter is worth $20 alone, how about $40 and I keep the filter.....

Could not get my hand in my pocket fast enough.

ms440.jpg

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Paid for this a couple months ago...but it was 4 hours away. Guy had it listed on CL for $25...told him I'd pay $50 if he could hold it for a while. Was passing through last night and had a chance to pick it up....
Haven't pulled the muffler yet...pulled on it and near felt it was locked up...then it gave..sounded beautiful...excellent compression. Guy said it will start with fuel in the carb...sounds like a fuel system overhaul
IMG_2504.JPG
IMG_2505.JPG

IMG_2506.JPG

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Paid for this a couple months ago...but it was 4 hours away. Guy had it listed on CL for $25...told him I'd pay $50 if he could hold it for a while. Was passing through last night and had a chance to pick it up....
Haven't pulled the muffler yet...pulled on it and near felt it was locked up...then it gave..sounded beautiful...excellent compression. Guy said it will start with fuel in the carb...sounds like a fuel system overhaul
View attachment 53772
View attachment 53773

View attachment 53774

OK, you officially win the YOU SUCK this year! :worship2:

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's not a chainsaw, but hey it's a husky and was FREE. Got it from my sister in law's neighbor that moved to Charlotte from Cleveland, Ohio. I don't know if it was ever even used. Husky SST 227View attachment 52361
Helluva score, nice...you SUCK the big one!!