Country flag
Last edited:

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah back when I got that truck I was 15 years old and couldn't deal with the column shifter. So off I go and get the handy dandy wizz bang Sparkomatic flour shifter. Turned out to not work very well, it was a theft deterrent device in and of itself. Only me and about two other people on the planet could shift that truck up through the gears without getting it stuck between gears. Lol!

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
7:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah back when I got that truck I was 15 years old and couldn't deal with the column shifter. So off I go and get the handy dandy wizz bang Sparkomatic flour shifter. Turned out to not work very well, it was a theft deterrent device in and of itself. Only me and about two other people on the planet could shift that truck up through the gears without getting it stuck between gears. Lol!
if the 3spd goes bad I know where a 4spd manual is that I can install or put in a th350 and put floor shifter in it.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

That's truth right there. That thing was awful

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
7:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Get the 4spd (sm465). My 78 k10 I have now has the sm465, it's a beast of a transmission.
been busy worrying about fixing some of the electrical problems i managed to get the wiper switch working with contact cleaner. im moving on to the rear pig tail harness for the rear brake lights and turn signals it has some bar wires in spots.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
been busy worrying about fixing some of the electrical problems i managed to get the wiper switch working with contact cleaner. im moving on to the rear pig tail harness for the rear brake lights and turn signals it has some bar wires in spots.
part of your problem there could be the ground wire where the factory attaches to the bed

skip sail

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score

wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
First major score of the year, sorry about the novel…

Picked these up a few weeks ago from a good sized local landscaping company that was doing a big cleanup of their shop.
I guess a lot of idiots called on the cl ad, one told him that although the pile was hazardous waste, there were some good parts so he wouldn’t charge too much to haul them away, lol.
Apparently I was the more ‘normal/reasonable’ sounding of the bunch so he gave me first shot and though he wanted to meet the next day, I talked him into letting me come over immediately, just in case…

576xp, 2 575xp, 555, 460, 346xpne, 350, 200t, 5 334/5/8xp, 2 pp25, usg.
Buncha good chains, some new, a new 24” k095 and almost new 24” d009

He told me on the phone that most of the saws were missing parts and/or scorched.
350 was missing the recoil, 334/5/8’s misc small stuff, everything else was complete.

First saw I picked up when I got there was the 576 with chit compression, second was the 346 with zero comp (that ended up having no spark plug). I stopped there assuming they were indeed mostly farked as he had told me that they were all deemed not worth fixing by their ope dealer.

Was a really nice guy and I shot the crap with him for a while as he dug more stuff out. It sounded to me like their ope dealer has been screwing them pretty bad for a long time but I guess it’s really just chump change to such a big operation.

Told me to make an offer (ad had only stated $20-100 per saw) and I countered back that he should start things off but he insisted I start.
Said in that case I’d be making a somewhat lowball offer, $300, gave me a funny look and said how about $250!
I came back with that if we‘re playing that game then $200, lol…

Then he tells me to dig around if I can find anything else, which is when the usg was unearthed. He said it broke (return spring) right when they needed it bad. Couldn’t get it fixed pronto so they went out and bought a new one. Was setup to do hedge trimmers only and they must’ve had 30-40 of those.

Anyway, 576 is scored, 555 no spark, pp25 ex bolt in port, usg easy fix broken return spring, haven’t put time into the 334/5/8’s but they all pop on prime, got everything else running/cutting with minimal work.
Most cleaned op ok, nastiness in the pic was mostly just shop dirt accumulation.
First time playing with 575/6's, 555 is my first AT saw, excited to get that one going.

So… $250 for the saws and then another $50 after I spotted the usg.

15 saws.JPG

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
First major score of the year, sorry about the novel…

Picked these up a few weeks ago from a good sized local landscaping company that was doing a big cleanup of their shop.
I guess a lot of idiots called on the cl ad, one told him that although the pile was hazardous waste, there were some good parts so he wouldn’t charge too much to haul them away, lol.
Apparently I was the more ‘normal/reasonable’ sounding of the bunch so he gave me first shot and though he wanted to meet the next day, I talked him into letting me come over immediately, just in case…

576xp, 2 575xp, 555, 460, 346xpne, 350, 200t, 5 334/5/8xp, 2 pp25, usg.
Buncha good chains, some new, a new 24” k095 and almost new 24” d009

He told me on the phone that most of the saws were missing parts and/or scorched.
350 was missing the recoil, 334/5/8’s misc small stuff, everything else was complete.

First saw I picked up when I got there was the 576 with chit compression, second was the 346 with zero comp (that ended up having no spark plug). I stopped there assuming they were indeed mostly farked as he had told me that they were all deemed not worth fixing by their ope dealer.

Was a really nice guy and I shot the crap with him for a while as he dug more stuff out. It sounded to me like their ope dealer has been screwing them pretty bad for a long time but I guess it’s really just chump change to such a big operation.

Told me to make an offer (ad had only stated $20-100 per saw) and I countered back that he should start things off but he insisted I start.
Said in that case I’d be making a somewhat lowball offer, $300, gave me a funny look and said how about $250!
I came back with that if we‘re playing that game then $200, lol…

Then he tells me to dig around if I can find anything else, which is when the usg was unearthed. He said it broke (return spring) right when they needed it bad. Couldn’t get it fixed pronto so they went out and bought a new one. Was setup to do hedge trimmers only and they must’ve had 30-40 of those.

Anyway, 576 is scored, 555 no spark, pp25 ex bolt in port, usg easy fix broken return spring, haven’t put time into the 334/5/8’s but they all pop on prime, got everything else running/cutting with minimal work.
Most cleaned op ok, nastiness in the pic was mostly just shop dirt accumulation.
First time playing with 575/6's, 555 is my first AT saw, excited to get that one going.

So… $250 for the saws and then another $50 after I spotted the usg.

View attachment 55026

You're getting this year's badge.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, my little 350 cleaned up extremely well. I re-installed a bar stud (it was inside the tank $0) and fixed a fuel line leaking near the carb...$0. So I have a perfect running saw for $50. I'm happy as hell...it's gonna be a perfect little trail trimmer to keep on the wheeler.
IMG_0394.JPG

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, my little 350 cleaned up extremely well. I re-installed a bar stud (it was inside the tank $0) and fixed a fuel line leaking near the carb...$0. So I have a perfect running saw for $50. I'm happy as hell...it's gonna be a perfect little trail trimmer to keep on the wheeler.
View attachment 55208

It looks new.