Spladle160

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Saw this picture and can't quite imagine the effect. Anyone seen anything like this?
s-l1600.jpg

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I could be wrong, but I don't think it helps much being 90deg to the direction of the flow unless the intake port was widened, but still... Everything seems wrong with that idea.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems like case compression might suffer. But at high rpm the rush of intake air hitting the closed intake might kinda stuff the transfers, too. Interesting

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems like case compression might suffer. But at high rpm the rush of intake air hitting the closed intake might kinda stuff the transfers, too. Interesting
But according to the intention of the strato ports, that would waste gas and save fresh air with no increase in power right?

huskihl

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But according to the intention of the strato ports, that would waste gas and save fresh air with no increase in power right?
Not sure. I suppose it would depend on whether the rush of mix was under the strato air or above it or maybe mixed in with it.

It’s unusual that that was done without any work to the lower or upper transfers. I usually unshroud those quite a bit in a 362

Spladle160

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not my work, not my saw. The saw was for sale and listed as ported so I asked for pics. The skill of the grinder looks reasonable but some of the theory appears to be... different. I wasn't going to drop any money on the saw after seeing it but it sure peaked my curiosity on the theory. Different is interesting until you have it figured out good bad or indifferent.

huskihl

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You would almost have to run it to see how good it was. I could honestly see that going either way. On one hand, like I mentioned earlier, If that fast moving air is slamming against that piston when it’s closed that could really be charging the case.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 201t almost has the same thing going on, but on the piston. Maybe it charges the piston pockets with gas mix to get a smidge more power behind the fresh air. Maybe it is just to let a little oil in to help keep the sides lubed since the air flow might eventually dry out the oil.