Not So Pro 3

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
9:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
All possibilities.

That scenario of the cops getting the wrong house happened 20 some years ago here. Cops hit the wrong house the day after this guy was robbed and he started sending 44 mags through the door. Killed my friends uncle. Guy lived and was not guilty. Looking back not sure who that even went to trial
There is really no excuse to get the wrong house. I have a big ole reflective street number sign, from the township, on our mailbox pole. That said, I've had cops here on several occasions looking for the house not quite a 1/4 mile east of me. The address order is messed up out here but you can't fuggin read? The one time it was two fresh from the academy looking mfers. MI state police, On my deck at 8:30 pm for a domestic call from the same drugged out tramp they are always looking for. I thought for sure I was getting a beat down by these two cocky fukkers. After they finally conceded this was not the right place and I gave them directions to the house, I told them someone at your headquarters needs to get this sh!t straight because I'm tired of the police showing up here for her ass. I even had to put a cable with no trespassing sign across my two track, next to my house, to keep them jackasses out of my property. Cops all hours driving out back looking for a house they were going to nearly every week back then.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The fact that the state two over from you likes mayo so much they made bbq sauce out of it tells us all we need to know about southern cuisine.

No need to crack on Southern cuisine. Everyone around here doesn't use mayo in BBQ sauce (nearly an abomination in my mind). However, if you come south we can put you on some BBQ and smoked meat with
sauce or no sauce that will make your tongue slap your brains out. Please don't roll all the culinary practices up in one ball of yarn. :cbiggrin2:

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No need to crack on Southern cuisine. Everyone around here doesn't use mayo in BBQ sauce (nearly an abomination in my mind). However, if you come south we can put you on some BBQ and smoked meat with
sauce or no sauce that will make your tongue slap your brains out. Please don't roll all the culinary practices up in one ball of yarn. :cbiggrin2:
Pat knows how I feel about his local grub. Carolina 'Q is what I pattern the stuff I do on the WSM after. I have locals contact me a few times a year for some of the vinegar based sauce I've served at a couple receptions with some of my pick.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pat knows how I feel about his local grub. Carolina 'Q is what I pattern the stuff I do on the WSM after. I have locals contact me a few times a year for some of the vinegar based sauce I've served at a couple receptions with some of my pick.

NC has two traditional sauces. I'm not that far from Lexington NC -- there the vinegar sauce is king. Then in the eastern part of the state there is the mustard based sauce. I have friends that like it, its not my style -- to each his own. The old timers I learned to cook with used to say if the meat is right -- you won't need much sauce. I lean that way. But I have some sauce that I mix up. To be fair you will find more vinegar sauce in this area than any other type. There are more Texas style joints popping up here than ever before. One not far from here has the best ribs in 60 miles. They serve theirs sauced or dry. Love me some BBQ
20200404_181837.jpg

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
NC has two traditional sauces. I'm not that far from Lexington NC -- there the vinegar sauce is king. Then in the eastern part of the state there is the mustard based sauce. I have friends that like it, its not my style -- to each his own. The old timers I learned to cook with used to say if the meat is right -- you won't need much sauce. I lean that way. But I have some sauce that I mix up. To be fair you will find more vinegar sauce in this area than any other type. There are more Texas style joints popping up here than ever before. One not far from here has the best ribs in 60 miles. They serve theirs sauced or dry. Love me some BBQ
View attachment 277183
How do you feel about ketchup in sauce?:couch:
I love mustard and thought I'd feel the same about a sauce based with it, but I've yet to find one I adore. I used to do red sauce with a tangy slaw, now it's just some vinegar pepper flake concoction. You guys are the kings down there IMO. Pork IS BBQ.

That said, I'll do just about anything in the smoker.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A little of mine @stihl_head1982
Ribs20190511_213317.jpg
Butts partway20190829_132600.jpg
And after rest ready to pull20190825_202314.jpg
Yard bird mid-cook.20190609_141729.jpg
Loin. I cut this whole loin in half. Prepped it two ways. The sliced one was brined. As I sliced it flopped over it was so tender. I need to do another one of these.20190505_163533.jpg
I have messed with many woods but mostly use hickory now. During quarantine I processed some hickory firewood and kept some heart splits for the smoker.