Not So Pro 3

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
12:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My club cab 1st gen dodge cummins had two of those style clamps on the slip yoke for the rubber boot on the rear driveshaft. They were very similar to pex clamps, just bigger. I had to borrow a special set of pliers from a mechanic friend of mine to install them, as I bunged up one trying to install them with end nip pliers.

These I bet

20231228_150844.jpg

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
1:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didn't take any pic's this time around.

My house is a mix, because we had two different plumbers here when the place was gutted for the remodel. 1st plumber that started, used the kind of connections with the stretch expansion rings, on the water lines, him & my ex got into a verbal altercation, she told him he was being a pussy, I was outside so I missed the whole thing, plumber came and found me and told me he won't work under such conditions where he's verbally assaulted. He packed his tools and never came back.

2nd plumber I hired did not use the stretch kind, he said he does not like them. He finished the job with crimp kind of fittings.

I need to fix two lines, and since the 2nd plumber has since passed away, I'm just going to do it myself.

So was wondering if I should buy the crimp or pinch clamps?
I like the pinch type but that’s pretty much all I’ve used..

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
12:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A good family friend, Rick, who has been dealing with a failing liver since his late teens was in such bad shape yesterday they bumped him to "next donor available status" yesterday afternoon.
I just got word that they have a donor, and they will begin the 12 hour surgery this afternoon.
He lost his leg above the knee 2 years ago when a car hit him on his motorcycle and he has already beat colon cancer too, so he's a fighter.
Hopefully this all goes off without a hitch.
Prayers of help and health for Rick. He sounds like a fighter.
How's The Bubba doing boss?
He's doing remarkably well. I've decided to stay out of the shop till after the first of the year to let us both heal up more. My back is much better, and so is his hand. A few more days of fughin off is probably a good idea though.

Had a calf born overnight. First of this group. Should be 6 or 8 that will be calving close together.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Turn the gas on and leave the lid shut for a while, then light it up.

It'll pop off like that Durango fire.
My neighbor did that a few years ago. I was outside and it sounded like a bomb went off and the lid must’ve been 50ft on the air.

He got knocked on his ass and was sitting on the ground with the hair on his head, arms, and face singed. He’s lucky it didn’t blow his face off.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
im just speaking the truth
cant help it hurts some feelings

Preach it and speak it, don't matter to me anymore. I sold my last few cummins trucks while the prices were high.

I kinda like my crap box hemi gassers now. If I still had a big gooseneck then yeah I would probably have a cummins again.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Preach it and speak it, don't matter to me anymore. I sold my last few cummins trucks while the prices were high.

I kinda like my crap box hemi gassers now. If I still had a big gooseneck then yeah I would have a cummins again.
lol ive never seen one go low on price

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
lol ive never seen one go low on price

I sold four of them in later part of 2021, leading into first part of 2022.

If someone is silly enough to give me piles of money, for mostly worn out truck with 300-450k on it that needs thousands thrown at it, just to flip the tow mirrors up and put some huge exhaust tip on, so they look all cool & gay at the mall.

I will take their money.....

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I sold four of them in later part of 2021, leading into first part of 2022.

If someone is silly enough to give me piles of money, for mostly worn out truck with 300-450k on it that needs thousands thrown at it, just to flip the tow mirrors up and put some huge exhaust tip on, so they look all cool & gay at the mall.

I will take their money.....
And you can get a date with them lol

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My neighbor did that a few years ago. I was outside and it sounded like a bomb went off and the lid must’ve been 50ft on the air.

He got knocked on his ass and was sitting on the ground with the hair on his head, arms, and face singed. He’s lucky it didn’t blow his face off.

That sucks. I did something similar to that at my first apartment.

I looked like an idiot (more then I usually do) with no eyebrows and patch of hair missing on my head, until it all grew back.

My landlord came running out, yelling WTF.