Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
4:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like I have the green light to head up Saturday morning.
What can I bring?

For you and everyone else... bring a camp type chair to sit on, whatever saw/s you want to run and there will be food. snacks, pop water and coffee here, have something special that you have to have, bring that we'll throw it on the grill for you. Otherwise you shouldn't go away hungry/thirsty.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
2:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No, couldn’t pay me to go to commiefornia.
I don't blame you when it comes to urban areas. :( Too many drug dealers and too many homeless. Out in the sticks ain't so bad, though. Nice forests, nice views, and lots of good people with a few nuts 'n' tweakers tossed into the mix.

sledneck22

But, is the chain sharp?
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For you and everyone else... bring a camp type chair to sit on, whatever saw/s you want to run and there will be food. snacks, pop water and coffee here, have something special that you have to have, bring that we'll throw it on the grill for you. Otherwise you shouldn't go away hungry/thirsty.

Sounds good. Is anyone bringing tents or campers? is there room for that? Should I plan on crashing at a hotel somewhere up there? I'm ~3.5 hrs away and probably won't want to double back that night.
I can bring some food or something too? even if it's just meat and cheese. I suppose when it's a little closer you'll hash out the details.
Thanks,

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds good. Is anyone bringing tents or campers? is there room for that? Should I plan on crashing at a hotel somewhere up there? I'm ~3.5 hrs away and probably won't want to double back that night.
I can bring some food or something too? even if it's just meat and cheese. I suppose when it's a little closer you'll hash out the details.
Thanks,

There's room for tents/campers maybe a couple close enough for power hook up.
This is a vacation destination so lodging facility's are plentiful, most likely higher than average in price because of that.
Will be assessing the amount of folks when we get closer and I'll make up a menu for Saturday. If there's folks here Friday/Sunday I'll wing it best I can.

sledneck22

But, is the chain sharp?
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There's room for tents/campers maybe a couple close enough for power hook up.
This is a vacation destination so lodging facility's are plentiful, most likely higher than average in price because of that.
Will be assessing the amount of folks when we get closer and I'll make up a menu for Saturday. If there's folks here Friday/Sunday I'll wing it best I can.
Thanks,
I might just bring a cot and sleep in the back of my truck with my saws. That probably sounds lovely to the most of us.

IffykidMn

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello from Mn
What are these GTGs all about? I looked around for a Mn gathering with no luck and northern Wi is as close as I could find which is not a bad thing as I still get back to the Park Falls,Wisconsin area several times per year.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The chainsaw GTG's are just that a meeting of geeked out chainsaw enthusiasts. There is wood there to be cut either cookies or firewood for folks to try others saws and run their own a bit. There may or may not be heads up racing. The biggest event seems to be the BSing going on. There's usually good food to be ate and fun to be had.

IffykidMn

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The chainsaw GTG's are just that a meeting of geeked out chainsaw enthusiasts. There is wood there to be cut either cookies or firewood for folks to try others saws and run their own a bit. There may or may not be heads up racing. The biggest event seems to be the BSing going on. There's usually good food to be ate and fun to be had.

Are these events open to everyone or closed invitation only type events?
What would the general location be in relation to the area 15-20 miles ENE of Park Falls?
I will be starting my pilgrimage to the area a couple a times a month between next month and the week of Turkey day.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are these events open to everyone or closed invitation only type events?
What would the general location be in relation to the area 15-20 miles ENE of Park Falls?
I will be starting my pilgrimage to the area a couple a times a month between next month and the week of Turkey day.

It's an open invitation, are you in Springstead? I'm in Minocqua, so not too far away.

IffykidMn

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's an open invitation, are you in Springstead? I'm in Minocqua, so not too far away.

Grandparents(long gone) are from the Springstead area so have visited the area over the years as well living in the are myself for a time, I usually just use Park Falls as a general reference as no one has usually heard of Springstead. I am now located near the Mpls, Mn area but get back to visit with cousins(Park Falls, Phillips, Minocqua) over the firearms deer season in the Price Co area of Hwy 182-Blockhouse Lk Rd and Fr144. Many many moons ago I cut for R&A Logging out of Park Falls and cut and skidded for Gaulke Logging out of Lac Du Flambeau. Not sure if I would classify myself a geeked out chainsaw enthusiast but I still enjoy running saws from time to time and the smell of my chainsaw pants with a combo of bar oil, 2strk gas and woods chips all combined.

I would not mind stopping by for a visit if I can make the 25th work into one of my normal jaunts that way.

Last edited:

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Grandparents(long gone) are from the Springstead area so have visited the area over the years as well living in the are myself for a time, I usually just use Park Falls as a general reference as no one has usually heard of Springstead. I am now located near the Mpls, Mn area but get back to visit with cousins(Park Falls, Phillips, Minocqua) over the firearms deer season in the Price Co area of Hwy 182-Blockhouse Lk Rd and Fr144. Many many moons ago I cut for R&A Logging out of Park Falls and cut and skidded for Gaulke Logging out of Lac Du Flambeau. Not sure if I would classify myself a geeked out chainsaw enthusiast but I still enjoy running saws from time to time and the smell of my chainsaw pants with a combo of bar oil, 2strk gas and woods chips all combined.

It's not Stihl Timbersports, but stop on by if you can and see just how geeked or not you are. Lol

IffykidMn

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's not Stihl Timbersports, but stop on by if you can and see just how geeked or not you are. Lol
The saw cutting at Butternut, Wi Pioneer days was more my speed, Sadly the last time I attended was like 30yrs ago.

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello from Mn
What are these GTGs all about? I looked around for a Mn gathering with no luck and northern Wi is as close as I could find which is not a bad thing as I still get back to the Park Falls,Wisconsin area several times per year.

Im just south of St. Paul and we have plenty of cutting going on when the weather is cooler. Never anything set in stone just planned during the week which day of the weekend we are going to cut. Your welcome to join anytime

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well Steve things have come up and I won’t be making it this year so have to try again next time.