"Special Buns"
Local time
1:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 192068

That large loop stainless 45-70 would be real nice to add to the gun safe

I love Scheels, I can spend all day in one of their stores. in Grand Forks ND, the have an Ace True Value that is also a full line Stihl dealer.

mettee

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got a hankering last year for a 28 Nosler. Barrel life kind of scared me away. I like to shoot a lot when I get a chance to shoot.

The saum cartridge offsets that issue. The 28N is a sweet round, but yeah it kills barrels.

Also, a good gas gun in 6.5 creed or 260 is a great choice. I love mine, almost no recoil, accurate, fairly affordable to shoot. Loading for the saum you might get close to $2 a round, maybe more.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
2:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The saum cartridge offsets that issue. The 28N is a sweet round, but yeah it kills barrels.

Also, a good gas gun in 6.5 creed or 260 is a great choice. I love mine, almost no recoil, accurate, fairly affordable to shoot. Loading for the saum you might get close to $2 a round, maybe more.

I have 6.5 creed. I’ve been thinking of getting a new barrel spin up in 6.5x47 since I have a ton of Varget laying around. I’ll eventually decide on a 7mm of some sorts to try to hit at a mile or further.

rumatt

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nothing against a good gun pic thread, but this was at one point a nice discussion about the 462. Am I the only one who sees the value in splitting it into its own thread and keeping saw threads on topic?

Long digressions really diminish the value of this site in terms of being a resource for real content. Threads like this get indexed on google, bring traffic to the site, etc.

Every time I see this thread bumped I check it out, and leave disappointed, kicking myself for being fooled yet again. How about splitting it into its own (appropriately titled) thread?

Slacker

Hunny Locust Skipchain Sparker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Nothing against a good gun pic thread, but this was at one point a nice discussion about the 462. Am I the only one who sees the value in splitting it into its own thread and keeping saw threads on topic?

Long digressions really diminish the value of this site in terms of being a resource for real content. Threads like this get indexed on google, bring traffic to the site, etc.

Every time I see this thread bumped I check it out, and leave disappointed, kicking myself for being fooled yet again. How about splitting it into its own (appropriately titled) thread?

Same thing keeps happening to me.
I have a 462cm getting ported right now.
Never even held it yet.

So here are my long range rifles.
Both in 308. downloadfile-1.jpeg aac_sd_308.jpg

Last edited:

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

.44 rem mag....

Discuss.....

N8TE

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm ok with myself or the mods deleting my off topic posts in this thread

Brush Ape

Direct Connection
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Damn...can we get back to rifle/caliber talk?...we done beat the brakes off that poor 462 dead horse!
Haha it's like two different worlds sometimes well three if you consider the one I'm in.

Hey man how about don't worry about it. Who cares.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For those who like powerful lever guns, I have a.348 Winchester Mdl 71 Deluxe and a Browning Repro Mdl 95 in 30-06.

My Uncle used to have a Mdl 95 in 405, and an 86 in 50-110.

I also have a 94 Buffalo Bill Commemorative in 30-30 with a 26" Octagon barrel. Had to bring my Mother with me to purchase it in 1969, but in 1970 I was old enough to purchase my Remington 870 on my own. Still have both of them.