Do the Dallas
Local time
12:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Absolutely agree with you 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not too unusual. Same as my MS261 as well as the MS362. The J-Red I have is the same one piece design although I do prefer the clips that retain that top cover. I am missing one on my 261...

Make it easier to access the filter and it will probably get cleaned more regularly. Just my 2 cents.

Roadfxr

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Make it easier to access the filter and it will probably get cleaned more regularly. Just my 2 cents.

Yes I will readily admit my 261 filter doesn't get cleaned as regularly as the the other ones do. I don't neglect it but you know......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABarrick

TacomaTRD98 on AS
Local time
1:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anybody know if this thing is a split Venturi single carb like a ms261 or does it use two butterflies like an ms362? Can't quite tell from the pics I've seen.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can easily do up to say 4ish tanks with my ms261 without a clean but 'all day' in dry Aussie wood.....ya you prolly want to pop the hood and tap the filter out once or twice. With the air injection I find only very fine fines in the 261 filter.

weedkilla

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can easily do up to say 4ish tanks with my ms261 without a clean but 'all day' in dry Aussie wood.....ya you prolly want to pop the hood and tap the filter out once or twice. With the air injection I find only very fine fines in the 261 filter.
Thanks, my dry Aussie wood isn't all that bad 99% of the time. I'm in 40" rainfall country unless I get dragged down to Adelaide or up to the Riverland. And anyway, we know when it's bad and clean stuff at lunch - that's just life.
The only time I ever really cut dry stuff is firewood for myself and I'm totally lazy about that and rarely do more than two tanks. Lol

CapitaineHaddoc

I don't eat frogs
Local time
7:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A new material for their air filters would be a great improvement. I really hate this hd2 filters, they are a PITA to clean, and they never stay clean enough for a whole day at work.

It is even worse on the 461 without air injection. I provided maxflow setups for my coworkers and it's far better.

But even on the last 362 you have to clean or change the filter in the middle of the day. Never have to do this with a Husqvarna.

My dolly's are the same, but the 6100's filter is easy to clean, just have to hit it with a wedge or a tree and it will be just fine.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I'm usually cutting green wood, which likely makes a big difference. As you mentioned, usually just fines in the filter, and with green wood there are a lot less fines.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They work well at keeping anything entering the carb or cylinder IME but there not perfect at all, as Capitan says the pleated ^^^^ zigzag of filter material tends to get packed up with sawdust. I use my Stihl vaccume cleaner on them at the end of the day to suck out anything that don't come out from tapping it. My 660 hd2 is the same, actually worse.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One problem I see with the 462 is you have to remove the whole top cover to clean the filter. Plus you need a tool to do it. Smh that's foolish imho

Just need a scrench. It's a great design that doesn't need too much cleaning compared to the 461 or 661.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am liking the 441 filter ,4.3 hours on it with an outerwear according to my hour meter ,still clean .Can only hope the 462 is like that .
Any photos Brian? Did you have that little outer wrap from K&N?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is the filter on the 441 round or oval?

junkman

Crush it
Local time
10:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any photos Brian? Did you have that little outer wrap from K&N?

I don't ,but it's just a hd2 fliter with a black outerwear on it ,It looks clean still when i peel the skin back . I have been cutting wet softwoods ,doug fir ,it is not very dusty wood if have the chain sharp .