MS360 Replacement

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The local dealer gave a 620 to the biggest logging outfit in town to tryout. The crew supervisor said no one would pick it up for about a week. A few weeks later they bought 16

That’s quite the statement in favor of echo. I’ve never logged or worked in commercial tree business so I don’t know which environment a saw is more susceptible to abuse.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
6:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s quite the statement in favor of echo. I’ve never logged or worked in commercial tree business so I don’t know which environment a saw is more susceptible to abuse.

Echos are foolproof, if they ever stop running you can just use the sharp as *f-word plastic to finish cutting the job.

Last edited:

Likesaws

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Echos are foolproof, if they ever stop running you can just use the sharp as *f-word plastic to finish cutting the job.
I must have got a dud. Never been cut by the plastic on my 530. Don’t know what all this sharp plastic talk is about. It is very dependable and cuts good.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Both pretty tough..depends i guess.

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Both pretty tough..depends i guess.
I was just thinking that most tree service companies have employees and the company provides the Saw which in my mind would present the opportunity for the employee to abuse since they have no money invested in the saw,Where as a logger invest in his own saws and tools to complete his job, but maybe, I well I’m sure there are companies that provide the saws to their cutters. Like I said and like you said Ryan, I guess it all depends

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was just thinking that most tree service companies have employees and the company provides the Saw which in my mind would present the opportunity for the employee to abuse since they have no money invested in the saw,Where as a logger invest in his own saws and tools to complete his job, but maybe, I well I’m sure there are companies that provide the saws to their cutters. Like I said and like you said Ryan, I guess it all depends

Id say probably tree services now that i think about it..the stumping..banging around in a canopy..bunch of different guys using the same saws...

longleaf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That’s true for small logging outfits. But the owners of this company don’t work in the field. They have several crews.