High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

MS360 build

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
You don't need to pull the jug to tell. You may need to pull the carb. I'm thinking the intake has the little uvula thing hanging.
IL check it out after x mas. It might get a Lil mm this winter and may think of a squish reduction to pull a 25 bc as a work saw.

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
12:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My 034 is not open port, but it does have that ring saver (or whatever) in the intake port.

It will soon become a Dr ed 036!

You will LIKE that Mike, Docs 36s are something else. One of those saws that once you run one, you have to get one for yourself!

Joe

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You don't need to pull the jug to tell. You may need to pull the carb. I'm thinking the intake has the little uvula thing hanging.
There are some nice jug pics in Jason's 362 Christmas thread Jim.

034 46mm has the intake tit and came open and closed transfers.

034S 48mm was closed transfers only and had a squarish intake with no tit.

036/360 48mm has a wider 2nd fin on it facing forward. The intake is tear drop shaped.

I believe that the 034S run better than 036 because of the higher intake port and the carb fuel jetting/circuits. Didn't need to worry about emissions as much. Plus the 034S came with the Tilly carb. Not sure if the 036 ever did.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
9:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The squish is .030 at the outer edge and .060 on the inner edge. Basically almost fit for a domed piston. The gasket is .018 so that makes just deleting it too tight at .012
I'm in the middle of flattening/widening the squish band right now. Well taking a break at the moment to write this and force feed a sewer gator like a Foie Gras goose.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Looks great.

Now scrape out the ridge with a sharp chisel.

What's your squish now without gasket?
That isn't a ridge anymore. You're seeing the feint scuffs left behind from the chisel edge. It's only visible and cannot be felt.
Still 100% better than the factory casting.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Looks great.

Now scrape out the ridge with a sharp chisel.

What's your squish now without gasket?
But just for you and the integrity of precision looking work I'm loctiting a fresh piece of grit paper to my mandrel so it's nice and purdy. I might even get the grinder out and make an actual cutter mandrel.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Awesome Jim Looks like another runner curious as to what you got the squish at and where the compression is .

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
How much did you shave off hhe flywheel key to advance your timing? Really enjoying this thread BTW. Thanks for taking the time to document everything.
I took right about .035 off the key. I have another key at .045 off I'm going to try when I get some more wood to cut. This thing has incredible torque and will still get stronger. It really needs its own chain set up because this whole time it's been running the chain that was set up for my 394 with the rakers set at .060 depth.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you seen the Redbulls test on timing adavance granted it was on a 661 or something but he had the best results with around .045.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Timing is a funny thing I just gave a poulan a TA and it fixed a sticking recoil problem but then on a nother poulan it didn't like it one bit.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Interesting on the timing advance Jim. That's more than I do for sure. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Interesting on the timing advance Jim. That's more than I do for sure. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
It does feel like it might want just a wee bit more advance, maybe not necessarily the whole .045 but I have a bag of keys to play with. It has a sweet pop to it as it is and would make a great work saw.
It's a bit frustrating how hard it is to tell exact differences without consistent enough wood to compare times. The last two logs went from 6 to 12 seconds cuts within a few inches. Oak is more consistent so I'll have to grab up a log of that.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm nearing the finish line on this thing. I had only the flywheel side when I went to replace the seals so the pto side is one of the last steps along with upgrading to a nylon filter. I'm going to give it a few runs with a 20" bar after I change the other seal.
Here it is cutting a 25" of solid frozen maple. I got a couple good cuts in before it heated up enough for the seal to start leaking.