ms 461r oiler

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
2:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would open the stihl or oregon bar hole a little bit but not the tsumura. They are already optimal imho. Too big of oil hole is not good and just clogs easier because it looses pressure. Modding the pump or buying a HO oiler is a better idea and makes a bigger difference. There are a couple members who would probably do it for you. I think @huskihl posted somewhere about modding the pumps.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If You get it Ported,

It will be perfect!

The oil tank runs dry when the Fuel is emptying. [emoji1417][emoji1417]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hseII

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stihl and Tsmura lightweight both seem to run drier than I'd prefer. You just use a drill bit to open it up?

Yes Sir.

Be careful as mike said, but just a little goes a long way.

@mdavlee, what’s the correct drill size to open up the oil passageway on the Stihl Bars?

Chainsawpastor

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I know I kinda switched issues halfway through the thread. Originally I was concerned the HO oiler on the R model would run out before the fuel. So far the opposite has been true and it doesn't seem to put out as much oil as I'd like. I'll try opening the hole on the Stihl bar. Is there any mods to the HO oiler or you get what you get?

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for all the replies. I know I kinda switched issues halfway through the thread. Originally I was concerned the HO oiler on the R model would run out before the fuel. So far the opposite has been true and it doesn't seem to put out as much oil as I'd like. I'll try opening the hole on the Stihl bar. Is there any mods to the HO oiler or you get what you get?
@huskihl did a thread awhile back on how to mod the 1128 oil pumps. The 461 pump is physically different but the pump mechanism is the same so the same mods will apply

http://opeforum.com/threads/stihl-044-oiler-mod.9271/

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It can be done. Just not sure how crazy you can go before longevity of the oiler becomes an issue.
@dolmarkid has an R oiler that I modded before I realized it was an R. But he says it oils great.

If opening up your bar oiler hole isn't enough, I can help ya out

hseII

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

When you Mod the bar to allow the HO to do its thing, you won’t need more oil. [emoji6]

Chainsawpastor

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Seems like people don't have think the Tsumura needs it? I've not run it as much as the Stihl bar. I'll watch it more carefully next time I run it, but the last time I didn't think it was oiling any more than bare minimum. Hard dead elm and ash. Would have liked to see it slinging more oil. Won't have much chance to test now for awhile.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I noticed the same thing with my Tsumura bars. They don't seem to oil as well as my Stihl and Oregon bars.
I drilled them all out to 5/32 too.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I noticed the same thing with my Tsumura bars. They don't seem to oil as well as my Stihl and Oregon bars.
I drilled them all out to 5/32 too.

I had to turn down the oiler a little from max on the 572 for a 24” bar :p. No bar mods needed.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
LOL YOU probably already messed with it! The oiler on the 572.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool. They should all be like that

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does anyone know if the HO oiler from a 660 will fit a 064? Mine does ok, but a little boost can’t hurt.