Mouse Bait

RonL

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If someone in the house is allergic to peanut butter, you might want to try Nutella.
If you use the traps that have the metal tabs on them, you might want to try Redfin's suggestion and put the bait under the trip tab. The mouse has to jam it's head under to get the bait.
If you use the traps that have the metal trip tab, you might want to use a pair of needle nose to bend the tab slightly to make it more sensitive. I adjusted mine and it made it almost 100% effective.
If you use the traps that have the yellow plastic trip, put the trip on the sensitive setting and push the trip tray down until it just barely holds. Hold the snap bar while you're doing this so that you don't snap your fingers.
It is always a good idea to use disposable gloves when handling mice. Disposable masks are also a good idea. Mice carry and are responsible for spreading a number of diseases.

RonL

Last edited:

RonL

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is a U-Tube video that shows how to adjust the metal trip tab, better than I can explain it. Adjusting it to be too sensitive results in colorful language.

old guy

Love me some Husqvarna
Local time
11:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We used to shoot mice in the trappin camp, we'd be sittin skinnin baver in the evening and see a mouse standing on his hind legs chewing on the edge of a streched beaver pelt, pick up the pistol and wack him.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great Topic!!

My elder family members tell of having "Rat Killings" when they were kids.

Supposedly, My great grandfather was in the corn crib wearing them out with a hay fork when 1 warf rat ran up each of his britches legs: he grabbed both of them at his knees, & squeezed until there was blood running out the bottom of this pants.

My uncle & great uncle are terrified of Rats & mice.

My uncle was bush hogging in the field years ago: we were in the shop & could hear the tractor running.

All the sudden, we hear shotgun blast, multiples.

We run out, & uncle Lucky is on the tractor with a shotgun shooting rats as they come out from the field.

2 Rings & A Flattop, LLC Test Dummy

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Blowgun with poison frog tipped darts
I poison the hell out of em image.jpg