Chainsaw pants

Loggernate

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was told by Idaho safety guys that the snap in chainsaw chaps I’ve been wearing inside my jeans for 30+ years are not “legal” and the outside strap on chaps get hung up on limbs/brush and restrict movement. Anyone have a recommendation for chainsaw pants other than the form fitting arborist ones?

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
5:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They fit pretty good, not uncomfortable in any way ,but I also use suspenders.
I know clogger sells a denim jeans type pants ,but are cost prohibitive for me.
The Foresters were like 126.00.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
4:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was told by Idaho safety guys that the snap in chainsaw chaps I’ve been wearing inside my jeans for 30+ years are not “legal” and the outside strap on chaps get hung up on limbs/brush and restrict movement. Anyone have a recommendation for chainsaw pants other than the form fitting arborist ones?
Clogger Denims are very much like regular jeans, just with the added protection of the arresting material in the front. They’re not too heavy, comfortable, have pockets like jeans, and flex some to allow bending and whatnot. My pair is 2 years old now, and get worn almost everyday during logging seasons here. I was part of a small group that got to demo them before they went full production. Absolutely would buy these again.

Loggernate

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Chief, which ones? Looks like most are out of stock.

silveradol9h

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Idaho has safety guys now? I've been away too long...

Loggernate

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Clogger Denims are very much like regular jeans, just with the added protection of the arresting material in the front. They’re not too heavy, comfortable, have pockets like jeans, and flex some to allow bending and whatnot. My pair is 2 years old now, and get worn almost everyday during logging seasons here. I was part of a small group that got to demo them before they went full production. Absolutely would buy these again.
Thank you, I’ll look into those.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
2:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have been thinking about pants vs chaps but I switch in and out of saw work so much, and it’s hot, so I don’t want to be wearing chaps unless I have to. I often wear chaps over shorts…they do get tangled in limbs sometimes.

IffykidMn

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMHO they need to get rid of that gay ass looking designer rear pocket design.

IffykidMn

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Might start with asking the Idaho safety guys which standards your pants need to meet? and go from there.

I still like the snap in inserts.