High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Mouse Bait

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
11:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
What have you found that works the best for mouse bait? I'm at about a 50% kill rate trapping mice. The ones that came up empty handed were picked clean, other than two that walked away. :eek:
I've been using solidified bacon grease. One spot is cold in the unheated garage and the other is in the basement. I thought for sure the colder grease would stick to the trap arm better than the warmer ones in the basement, but the basement ones have been on mark. Ill probably stick with that in the basement but what do you use? Whats a good bait?

:2guns:

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Make some Rotel and Velveeta chip dip. After your done with the taco chips and dip put the leftover in the fridge. The part on top that skins over,use that on the trap trigger. Slays 'em. I used to live in a barn apartment with a slab floor. Little bastards would tunnel under and come up through the plumbing chases. We'd get 10-12 a night using this bait.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
5 gallon bucket with a stick for a ramp and peanut butter smeared down a ways, yet unreachable, on the inside. The UP mousetrap. Never needs reset
I do this but with a teter useing a coat hanger through a piece of pvc with the peanut butter at the end.They just slide right in also put some sunflower seeds in the bottom with water.I will have to try the antifreeze now thanks.

Last edited:

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
All good ideas. I don't have any peanut butter in the house because my little one has an allergy. We use soy butter instead but it's not the same and they know it.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I do this but with a teter useing a coat hanger through a piece of pvc with the peanut butter at the end.They just slide right in also put some sunflower seeds in the bottom with water.I will have to try the antifreeze now thanks.
Like a little "welcome to the neighborhood" gift basket?

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The only luck I've ever had trapping them has been with those glue pads. I place them where they are walking usually on a sil plate. They don't get very far.

Usually I stick with Tomcat bait chunks or pellets

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Take a little piece of pecan or walnut and wedge it into the little toothed bait barrel of the trap, then set it. They can't stand it...they gotta gnaw to get the piece of pecan or walnut, vice something that they can just sit there and ever so lightly lick clean to get. Gets 'em everytime.

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We use Sherman traps, expensive, but they tend to catch more. Then we baptize then in a bucket to drown them. You can use about anything for bait in them. They think it is a hole and are more willing to go in.

Guido Salvage

Supreme saw hoeder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Peanuts or a small piece of cheese. I used cheese in the shop, traps were set for a couple of months and the cheese was as hard as a rock. I turned cold and both got one.