Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
5:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not the virus, it’s the people
Don’t want to make this a COVID thread Deeter, but when one is faced with even a .1% chance that an illness can cause death, people start doing odd stuff. Self preservation is causing a societal breakdown. There is civil unrest, which is never good.

There’s a saying in medicine I use often when people ask about percent risk, “It’s 100% if you get it and 0% if you don’t”.

So the risk here is super low, but no one can say who will get the sniffles and who will need a ventilator in the ICU if infected. We know about who is high risk, but refer back to #2 above.

Anyway, all of my reading has said what was already referenced above. The white solenoid is the universal upgrade, so it can be used universally in any saw. The old black one can only be used in saw originally equipped with it.

My limited experience with MT has been that 99% of the time, it’s not the MT itself that’s the issue. The MT is just so good at compensating for other issues that it makes diagnose very difficult. It becomes a whole new decision making tree that goes against most we have learned in the past.

big t double

You can call me Teddy Eastwood.....
Local time
4:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Rode any good horses lately?
No. Nobody around here that has one is dumb enough to let me climb on that *f-worders back. And to be honest...I don’t know anyone around here that has one anyways. So keep the seat warm on that one you got.

Hey cutie. Sawmikaze misses you.

I miss you too. call me when this *s-word passes...I ain’t tryin to catch the germ through the phone. We ain’t got *s-word to talk about anyways...*f-worders cancelled all the hoop. I supposed we could make fun of Randy. I long for the sound of your silky smooth baritone.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
FWIW the Stihl Mid Atlantic technical rep said the white solenoid was a universal upgrade. If it had a white solenoid from the factory you can’t install a black one tho. That’s all I got.

"Stihl said not to, so just believe it" is my new favorite saying.

I'm so reckless I didn't even seek the higher knowledge when I made the jump from theory to practice by installing a white solenoid in a 201 quite some time ago that was a royal pain in my penis. Oddly enough that cured it's issues. I've had these white solenoids in EVERY mtronic saw made, they all worked.

But maybe they'll detonate soon.

I'll report back.

Last edited:

DND 9000

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Again, it can be possible that it works in every model. I`ve not tested it. I`ll stay with the facts that I know or have.

Often the general problem on forums (no matter which one) is that everybody says this or that, but I think it is importand to stay with facts. Not I believe or I think it is like this or that.

So if this is really a universal part for every model, (what I don`t believe up to now) it would be good to have something official written about it and it should be officially published from Stihl like that.

So I think everybody has presented it`s opinion now and we all can go back to our normal buisness;):)

Last edited:

jackjcc

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Post proper reset and half a tank cutting with 40:1 canned fuel. Seems like the problem is reduced but you can hear the slight lean hesitation when it comes off idle, or I’m crazy and hearing something. It was much worse before reset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Again, it can be possible that it works in every model. I`ve not tested it. I`ll stay with the facts that I know or have.

Often the general problem on forums (no matter which one) is that everybody says this or that, but I think it is importand to stay with facts. Not I believe or I think it is like this or that.

So if this is really a universal part for every model, (what I don`t believe up to now) it would be good to have something official written about it and it should be officially published from Stihl like that.

So I think everybody has presented it`s opinion now and we all can go back to our normal buisness;):)

It's not my opinion that it works.

It does.

I didn't read it, I actually did it.

There's guys having headaches with m-tronic saws out there that will read what you posted not realizing they are a solenoid upgrade away from a nice running saw, I've seen it cure all types of issues from idle problems to not getting up to full RPM to sluggish throttle response.

In conjunction with the newer fuel filter these new solenoids are much better than the black ones.

Last edited:

jackjcc

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did somebody report my video? I was banned from YouTube this morning for violating the spam, scam, or commercially deceptive content guidelines.

No clue how I did that.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did somebody report my video? I was banned from YouTube this morning for violating the spam, scam, or commercially deceptive content guidelines.

No clue how I did that.

Happened to most of us. Check the email that’s associated with YouTube and you’ll find a link to submit an appeal. Explain to them that you didn’t violate any of their copyright infringement laws and that you’d like it back

DND 9000

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@sawmikaze

If this valve would be a universial upgrade part for every m-tronic model that is existing, Stihl would have published it like this.

But this is not the case and Stihl must have a reason for this, that we don`t know.

So everything is said and that`s it if you like it or not.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@sawmikaze

If this valve would be a universial upgrade part for every m-tronic model that is existing, Stihl would have published it like this.

But this is not the case and Stihl must have a reason for this, that we don`t know.

It is also possible that Stihl does not want it known that the new coil is an improvement for all the models so they do not have every owner of an m-tronic saw clamoring for a free repair and forming a class action suit to force a recall which is a very expensive undertaking.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@sawmikaze

I don't like it.

Because it's horsesh!t and bad information.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
FWIW the Stihl Mid Atlantic technical rep said the white solenoid was a universal upgrade. If it had a white solenoid from the factory you can’t install a black one tho. That’s all I got.

They interchange on ALL models. The white is just more reliable and I'm assuming it's because of it's better components. I'll let you theory nerds figure out why though.

There is a part number that includes the fuel filter and white solenoid. The coil is irrelevant as far as the solenoids go, the newer coils just have a different reset procedure.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ordered the kit, came with solenoid and new fuel filter for less than the solenoid by itself.

Yep..same at my dealer, he doesn't even stock the solenoid by itself anymore.

066 redeye

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They interchange on ALL models. The white is just more reliable and I'm assuming it's because of it's better components. I'll let you theory nerds figure out why though.

There is a part number that includes the fuel filter and white solenoid. The coil is irrelevant as far as the solenoids go, the newer coils just have a different reset procedure.
Hi Saw,
You don't happen to have the filter only p# close by.
Want to change the filter only on my 441c.
Cheers Chris.