Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
12:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Why is that mate?
Interested to hear your thoughts.
I apologize Tony. I somehow missed your reply last year and I didn't mean to be so vague with my comment. For a better description of my perspective I was watching quite a few gas burners whoop up on alky builds at events in my area.
I didn't meant to imply that it wasn't worth trying because it definitely is... especially if you include nitrous. :)

sawfun

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I dunno shxt about running ally on 2 strokes, but 4 strokes want a ton of compression and fuel volume or gas will run stronger. Nitro has a lot to do with combustion chamber volume/air density/fuel volume and requires a different mindset than gas and ally to tune. both ally and or nitro require some additional energy in to get the larger potential of those fuels out.

Time's Standing Stihl

Below me...
Local time
3:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I just had a chat with my local racer friend who knows alcy saws and he has offered to help me get it running on methanol one day if I take a drive to his place a few hours away.

I think I will!

Rebuild is first

What’s the latest on this saw?

Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
5:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well it sat on a shelf for the last couple years and just recently made it to the bench to be torn down for a full rebuild.
Its currently a dirty pile of parts in a plastic tub.
Carb turned out to be a WG2 modified for methanol.
It needs a new piston set up with rear center ring pin.
Just busy with 066 and MS661 race saw builds at the moment but should get it it in coming months.