High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Lombard Log Hauler

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Over the summer I read a book on he early days of mechanized logging in the Adirondacks. The Lombard tractor was mentioned in that book, but the Linn Tractor came along and stole it's thunder. In that book I discovered that an old logger fellow that lives about ten miles from me has a fully functional Linn and another one he is still trying to scrounge up or make some parts for to get running again. So cool to learn about these old workhorses that were the very first step away from actual workhorses! Those loggers of old truly were amazingly hard working suns a guns!

Here is a pic of a Linn on display at the Adirondack Museum in Blue Mountain Lake NY. It was hard to get a good shot of the whole thing, but it has tracks in the rear and skis up front for steering.IMG_20180623_142359275.jpg
IMG_20180623_142542530_LL.jpg IMG_20180623_142349699_LL.jpg

Last edited:

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Here is a vid of a beautifully restored Linn equipped wheels up front instead of skis. They we're offered in both configurations

Linns also saw duty as plow trucks in the very snowy Tug Hill region of northern NY. Pretty sure the term "snow fighters" was coined back in those days. They had to bust open roads using V-plows fighting with snow that was as deep as the top of the cab!

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The only working steam tractor I ever worked around was a Case like these, it had a big spotlight on it just in front of the smokestack, I will never forget the sound of it climbing the hill to our farm and the squeal of the steel wheels on the gravel road.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The only working steam tractor I ever worked around was a Case like these, it had a big spotlight on it just in front of the smokestack, I will never forget the sound of it climbing the hill to our farm and the squeal of the steel wheels on the gravel road.

I would love to see in person. Love to own one.