High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Lets build a Husqvarna 262XP, SCARR style!

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
6:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The kill wire gets tucked in with the coil wire and then splits off and goes through the slot to the carb box.

Remember the washer under the flywheel nut as it has a chamfer on the backside to take up the bit of crank taper that protrudes through the flywheel.

Coil takes the typical 2 series 4mm bolts with the larger 4mm Allen heads.

9A872CEF-3D3E-493D-90E8-2B0DC8CFF803.jpeg

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice Job pal. I never had that flywheel issue.

People talk about the 046 jugs being the most varied. The 262 probably has the most jug variations I have ever seen. Best one ever was the Mahle non-decomp, not the KS, in terms of transfer tunnels.

It’s a lot of variation for a Husqvarna. So far I’ve heard of 4 different cylinders for it.

But there was probably more than 4 different cylinders of the 066 before it became the 660.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lesson learned today... just grind the dang flywheel!

View attachment 370878
One lesson I learned, aside from the dozens of lessons that I’ve learned from you…….. don’t cut into the magnet(s) when trimming down that flywheel. Guaranteed you will know it when/if you do

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One lesson I learned, aside from the dozens of lessons that I’ve learned from you…….. don’t cut into the magnet(s) when trimming down that flywheel. Guaranteed you will know it when/if you do

I’ve had to nip the corner of the magnets before without any problems. I was able to stay out of them for this saw, no sparks when sanding!

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like Threebond for this. Actually just pried the oil hose out of an 044 that rebuilt three years ago and it was stuck in there like shít to a blanket.

Threebond is ok but there is better sealing stuff. I tried to use threebond for sealing the case 1/2’s of my ktm 450 and it failed twice. OEM calls for a loctite brand sealant that’s a thick, black RTV. Turns out everyone uses the permatex right stuff. Pretty sure I could run it without the case bolts after that stuff cures.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
5:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s a lot of variation for a Husqvarna. So far I’ve heard of 4 different cylinders for it.

But there was probably more than 4 different cylinders of the 066 before it became the 660.

I think I'm on my fourth different way to build a 044 cylinder now.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Threebond is ok but there is better sealing stuff. I tried to use threebond for sealing the case 1/2’s of my ktm 450 and it failed twice. OEM calls for a loctite brand sealant that’s a thick, black RTV. Turns out everyone uses the permatex right stuff. Pretty sure I could run it without the case bolts after that stuff cures.
Yep that Right Stuff is awesome I use it on diff covers. It takes a lot of prying to get it loose. Never tried Threebond on case halves but I've used yamabond and hondabond, always had good results with those. I suspect those three are all similar if not the same.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
5:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep that Right Stuff is awesome I use it on diff covers. It takes a lot of prying to get it loose. Never tried Threebond on case halves but I've used yamabond and hondabond, always had good results with those. I suspect those three are all similar if not the same.

All from Japan and with "bond" in the name, gives the clue as to the maker.