Trader history (0)

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
5:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just gathering a consensus of all possibilities so that when I tear it down I can go through all of them while it's broken down. You mentioned solenoid, correct?
Yep it’s on the side of the carb it could be worn out also depending how old the saw is or fuel contamination because of no filter changes.

Reactions: Lnk

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i dont know if i am missing the point...

i agree, i dont come here looking to cast stones, i never casted the 1st stone. Like mentioned, forum etiquette..
You toss, I toss... when someone wants to engage in civil discussions or debate I respectfully engage and typically thank the person for the advice and/or direction.

I dont know if I do... if you're saying just let the clowns be clowns at my expense then I understand what you're saying... but, that doesn't mean I'll go along with it. Have I personally attacked anybody on this forum? or have I only responded to their comments?
I know a lot is lost in translation over social media/forums, but, look at all of my respones... what have they been?
I don’t want to argue with you. I’ve spoken my piece. For the sake of everyone, I hope what many of us have tried to explain to you, sinks in, and it all works out moving forward.

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
6:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm gonna try one more time Rich.

Remember when you said that you were told all about this forum? How there were only a couple of guys who knew anything about saws? You repeatedly said stuff like that, then teased about who might have told you these things?

Then you act like "well gee wizz" "I'm just trying to be a nice guy here".
I'm as honest as they come... there is no filter with me. Does the person who "warned" me about this place have bias feelings towards people on here? Idk... is he a member? Idk... if he is, he's not using his real name...

I'm Not trying to pretend to be a nice guy... What you "see" (read) is me. I can laugh with ya, fight with ya or fight against ya... it all depends on how people approach me.
If you were a guy that followed these forums for decades, and had made long term friendships with people here.....how would you feeel toward a guy who came along talking like that?

Please answer this question with a serious reply. If you can.
I'd step back and look at things from a neutral perspective withput bias and see where and why it went south... and then base my opinions/judgement off of those.

Hundred Acre Wood

Full-time Slacker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I get that but i was warned about this place... and the guy asked me not to say anything. I slipped kinda without saying his name. And i wont out of respect for the guy.

People who go around ruffling feathers just to get attention confuse me. How bored are you with your life that you find this entertaining? This is really how you choose to spend your free time? Go get another hobby and find some purpose in life. For your own well being.

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
People who go around ruffling feathers just to get attention confuse me. How bored are you with your life that you find this entertaining? This is really how you choose to spend your free time? Go get another hobby and find some purpose in life. For your own well being.
Answer me this, Where did this all turn south in-order for it to be at this point???

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just gathering a consensus of all possibilities so that when I tear it down I can go through all of them while it's broken down. You mentioned solenoid, correct?
Yep. If it won't compete the reset process, the solenoid is bad. Period.

Also, if it won't compete the reset process, why would you expect it to run correctly?

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep. If it won't compete the reset process, the solenoid is bad. Period.

Also, if it won't compete the reset process, why would you expect it to run correctly?
Didn’t realize he tried to reset and it failed, knowing this it needs the new solenoid and an orange fuel filter at the same time.

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Didn’t realize he tried to reset and it failed, knowing this it needs the new solenoid and an orange fuel filter at the same time.
Yep. 1st time failed to reach 13k... 2nd time it hit a higher rpm when compared to the 1st go but then it never cleared itself...
I'll order a solenoid and a filter.

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep. 1st time failed to reach 13k... 2nd time it hit a higher rpm when compared to the 1st go but then it never cleared itself...
I'll order a solenoid and a filter.
By cleared I mean, the high rpm wasn't smooth... acted like there was a miss.

TINYHULK

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m not a saw builder/porter. I’m an arborist. I climb trees everyday and run bad ass chainsaws that I love. I have a mechanical background and as I began building saws I was invited to come here and learn. It’s not what I expected. I expected build threads and guys all about porting numbers and building saws/new theories. With my back ground I want to get in to porting one day but right now I’m fixing my own saws and climbing trees. I’ve been around for some months, talked with quite a few guys here, bought some saws, asked some questions, and am all the better for it. I have not had one single confrontation with anybody in this community like Mr. Fife has. Because when I came here I didn’t get what I thought I would, instead I found a community and chose to patiently work my way into it (and still am). If this forum is a gang/organization/community, whatever word you want to describe it. How can I, being the new guy come in here and push myself on others or create demands expectations. That’s how you get jumped out of a community. All I’m trying to say is that Fife, you have had multiple people speak towards your etiquette and conduct, no one here is welcoming or appreciating your input yet you continue to push at people that have been doing this for decades. No one here has anything to prove, but you do Mr. Fife. Your the new guy and if you want to be a part of this community then it’s time to build and grow with the way this community already exists. Your not going to change/break the mold, no one will let you stick around that long at your current pace. I’m on this forum multiple times a day but I keep my mouth shut, read and see what’s going on. I hope you can learn to do the same or just quit disrupting the peace here. I’ve never seen this kind of disruption in this community until you came around, so the common factor here is you. Either follow the mold or go find a mold you fit in to.

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
👏 so you seen where I introduced my self, all was good... I commented on a post about JCS and stated that i have nothing bad to say about the guy because he hasn't done me wrong... and then people made their comments and I addressed those comments politely... then the comments evolved and i addresses them accordingly... if you don't see the snowball affect, then idk what to say... besides it is what it is... if you want me to fall inline and condemn someone who hasn't done me wrong, that won't happen. If you want me to sit back and not rebuttal to side comments, that won't happen either. I guess we all will have to agree to disagree... but like I have said before... I'll stand with ya or ill stand against, it all depends on how you approach me. And like stated before, I have no Mal intent or distaste towards anyone... you throw a stone I throw a stone.

Last edited:

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep it’s on the side of the carb it could be worn out also depending how old the saw is or fuel contamination because of no filter changes.
Thank You.
Work is a bit slow today, so it looks like I'll be squeeze out a little early Today... that'll give me a little more time to tinker with it. Definitely appreciate it!

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank You.
Work is a bit slow today, so it looks like I'll be squeeze out a little early Today... that'll give me a little more time to tinker with it. Definitely appreciate it!
I think all 462’s have a white one but just incase it is a black you should order a green one because the black is discontinued. Otherwise put white one on for the white.