Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
8:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
People take jabs, I take jabs... I have nothing to hide or be shameful of. Hence why I don't hide behind false names... I show people who I am... they can take it or leave it... to me, it's all the same in the end. You can't please everyone and it's not worth trying... just be yourself... if that chases people away then that in theory should save potential headaches... but, laughter might be sacrificed. 🤔

If this is the real you then it is pretty clear you are not a "forum guy". That's ok though, I'm not a YouTube guy.

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
9:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well the coil controls your fuel mix and reads rpm’s off the flywheel so that’s why it’s different. Also depending what it’s doing lots of guys on here could probably help diagnose the issue so you can fix it cheap and learn a bit more on the mtronic stuff in general. Just need to ask and give some symptoms.
Makes sense. Now my mind wants to know how the inner workings operate... if its like a solenoid etc. If I have time later I'll pull the carb apart. Before I do, I have to run it... prior to yesterday's machining it felt like there was an interruption in spark not allowing it rev to its potential. The plug also looked a bit on the dark side.

Reactions: Lnk

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If this is the real you then it is pretty clear you are not a "forum guy". That's ok though, I'm not a YouTube guy.
Maybe you're right... lol. The old me would've probably hunted some of these guys down 😅😅😅...
The Military took that hatred/anger (or whatever you want to call it) out of me... Ahahaha
Now, I just laugh At the comments... purely for the comedy and/or petty stances. I'm just as guilty so when I cast stones, I expect stones In Return...

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe you're right... lol. The old me would've probably hunted some of these guys down 😅😅😅...
The Military took that hatred/anger (or whatever you want to call it) out of me... Ahahaha
Now, I just laugh At the comments... purely for the comedy and/or petty stances. I'm just as guilty so when I cast stones, I expect stones In Return...
I think you’re missing the point. We don’t come here every day to throw stones or argue. Hence forum etiquette. Somethings are better left unsaid, know what I mean?

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Why would you hunt us down? Who says thing like that?

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think you’re missing the point.
i dont know if i am missing the point...
We don’t come here every day to throw stones or argue. Hence forum etiquette.
i agree, i dont come here looking to cast stones, i never casted the 1st stone. Like mentioned, forum etiquette..
You toss, I toss... when someone wants to engage in civil discussions or debate I respectfully engage and typically thank the person for the advice and/or direction.

Somethings are better left unsaid, know what I mean?
I dont know if I do... if you're saying just let the clowns be clowns at my expense then I understand what you're saying... but, that doesn't mean I'll go along with it. Have I personally attacked anybody on this forum? or have I only responded to their comments?
I know a lot is lost in translation over social media/forums, but, look at all of my respones... what have they been?

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Makes sense. Now my mind wants to know how the inner workings operate... if its like a solenoid etc. If I have time later I'll pull the carb apart. Before I do, I have to run it... prior to yesterday's machining it felt like there was an interruption in spark not allowing it rev to its potential. The plug also looked a bit on the dark side.
It never will rev above a certain rpm they are limited by the computer and yes it’s just a solenoid on the carb that controls fuel to maintain a desired rpm no crazy mysteries.

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why would you hunt us down? Who says thing like that?
That was the old me, prior to my "service"... I would've hunted people down and had a verbal discussion with them. Let me put "hunt" into context and/or clarify... in short, to find the person and talk to them in public to address our differences. Simple as that.

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It never will rev above a certain rpm they are limited by the computer and yes it’s just a solenoid on the carb that controls fuel to maintain a desired rpm no crazy mysteries.
Agreed. This saw struggles to maintain or reach 13k. Bearings are silky smooth with no abnormalities or excessive friction...

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i dont know if i am missing the point...

i agree, i dont come here looking to cast stones, i never casted the 1st stone. Like mentioned, forum etiquette..
You toss, I toss... when someone wants to engage in civil discussions or debate I respectfully engage and typically thank the person for the advice and/or direction.

I dont know if I do... if you're saying just let the clowns be clowns at my expense then I understand what you're saying... but, that doesn't mean I'll go along with it. Have I personally attacked anybody on this forum? or have I only responded to their comments?
I know a lot is lost in translation over social media/forums, but, look at all of my respones... what have they been?
Well you didn’t come off the best when you come in defending someone you don’t know any better than anyone else without looking into all the stuff on other sites. Also coming in to say you have heard all about us and 2-3 guys know something while everyone else is just a follower. Also said never will guess who told me all this ect but I asked you who and no answer.. I’m trying to help you with the mtronic stuff right now and if it seems to run and accelerate fine it is. They are rpm limited to protect themselves from coming apart and tune plenty well to porting for a work saw.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm gonna try one more time Rich.

Remember when you said that you were told all about this forum? How there were only a couple of guys who knew anything about saws? You repeatedly said stuff like that, then teased about who might have told you these things?

Then you act like "well gee wizz" "I'm just trying to be a nice guy here".

If you were a guy that followed these forums for decades, and had made long term friendships with people here.....how would you feeel toward a guy who came along talking like that?

Please answer this question with a serious reply. If you can.

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well you didn’t come off the best when you come in defending someone you don’t know any better than anyone else without looking into all the stuff on other sites.
all i was saying is that i can only judge a person based on how they are with me. And he has done me right every time. Why should I cast him out? If he does me wrong, at least i gave him the benefit of the doubt and I'd most likely come on here and say, that yall were right. As of right now, i cant and wont.
Also coming in to say you have heard all about us and 2-3 guys know something while everyone else is just a follower. Also said never will guess who told me all this ect but I asked you who and no answer..
I get that but i was warned about this place... and the guy asked me not to say anything. I slipped kinda without saying his name. And i wont out of respect for the guy.
I’m trying to help you with the mtronic stuff right now and if it seems to run and accelerate fine it is. They are rpm limited to protect themselves from coming apart and tune plenty well to porting for a work saw.
And I truly appreciate you help and insight. A tech at a stihl dealership just responded and said the carb is probably clogged... guess I'll find out tonight.

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I already told you what was wrong with it Rich.
Just gathering a consensus of all possibilities so that when I tear it down I can go through all of them while it's broken down. You mentioned solenoid, correct?

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You won’t get a good reading with some tachs either so you may be running higher than you think
I think you're onto something... I've been questioning my tach... I believe mastermind spoke on the solenoid? If you listen to the video of the calibration it doesn't sound right. The video quality probably sucks.