Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The after.. looks good. I'm curious about the build.... squish, base gasket, psi(before & after) Timing advance....that sort of thing.
And do I get a Moob's famous sticker?

I take .030" out of the squish. Then set the clearance at .020". Yes, it has a base gasket. Timing is advanced 5 degrees. I don't check compression much anymore......but when I was figuring these out I was aiming for 210psi at sea level.

Yes........you get a sticker. :)

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
remember randy the torture you say you get is really the love and respect the guys here show you

Cigmaker

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I feel you on things looking the same. I run a machine that makes cigarette paper the filter end to be precise. My job is also to look for defects in the print color so on. I get home some nights after 12 hours of looking at the same material and my wife will ask what kind did you run tonight? I'll stop and think about it a few seconds nope no idea lmao!

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I feel you on things looking the same. I run a machine that makes cigarette paper the filter end to be precise. My job is also to look for defects in the print color so on. I get home some nights after 12 hours of looking at the same material and my wife will ask what kind did you run tonight? I'll stop and think about it a few seconds nope no idea lmao!

I remember people asking TreeMonkey to do a build thread.......and he was like........Why? What's a few pictures of a jug gonna tell anyone? I get it. After awhile it's just another saw.

Don't get me wrong......I love what I do. The most enjoyable times are when a new model comes out though.

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Glad we're back to the saw, didn't mean to wreck it Randy! I got a screw carb 261 from my dealer with 18" 3/8 .050 to keep my saws on the same page chain wise. (Some dealers won't do this) I about died when I ran it the first time, total dog. Every time I ran it it got stronger and stronger. By the time I sold it, it had extra bananas and it would pull a buried bar no problem. Ran better than some stock 60 cc saws!

Joe Kidd

I reckon so
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I take .030" out of the squish. Then set the clearance at .020". Yes, it has a base gasket. Timing is advanced 5 degrees. I don't check compression much anymore......but when I was figuring these out I was aiming for 210psi at sea level.

Yes........you get a sticker. :)
Will the 261 Mtronic carb still provide plenty of fuel for a strong woods port?

Last edited:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Will the 261 Mtronic carb still provide plenty of fuel for a strong woods port?

Sir Yes Sir !!!!

Remember, it's still just a carb. The M-Tronic system fine tunes it, but air flow determines how much fuel it is gonna pull. More air through the venturi means more fuel. Simple.