High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

I Need Some Chaps

Cloggerpro

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Some indepth reading on global standards courtesy of us! We normally charge an email address to download this, but since ya'll are nice folk of fine character and suitable intelligence Clogger has decided to give it to you free:)

Attachments

• Comparison-of-Global-Standards - Clogger.pdf
    67.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some indepth reading on global standards courtesy of us! We normally charge an email address to download this, but since ya'll are nice folk of fine character and suitable intelligence Clogger has decided to give it to you free:)

Nice folk?

Fine character?

Suitable intelligence?

Who, me?

Bwahahahahaha

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
7:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Also, I should note that Kevlar has not been used in chainsaw protection for quite a few years (at least by mainstream manufacturers).
Reason being that while it is great when new, it degrades significantly over time and with washing.
Sorry, not wanting to sound like a know it all, just happens to be the industry I work in!!! More than happy to be disagreed with:)
Maybe CAN-SWE is not mainstreem. Local B.C. and Canada wide. They have been around 33 yrs and are said to be the first to use Dupont's Kevlar. Definitely the choice off west coast BC with the Fallers. LOGGR KING sell a lot but all coast Fallers use CAN-SWE/s about.
You don't see much that isn't Kevlar there.
Pfanner came in to BC in about 2007 as the first NA store and took some time to be recognized with the different material. A lot of the climbers really liked them all around. The funny thing was they were thin and made the minimal ratings at a TCS of 3600 fpm under BC testing (which crosses over to a TCS of 3300 under North American ASTM-1414 and a 24 m/s which is 4700+ fpm under EU testing) Soooo...apart from the early Pfanners that I am familiar with (and their high price) The rest I have seen just suck. I remember mostly rookies buying another EU brand in about 2008 on a hot summer on a north Seismic job, (helicopter portable job) I said to the one guy "Do you think you are warm enough in those? He said.."I suppose I am wearing winter pants then?" I thought they must be but who buys winter pants even at 40 below+ It's just a ridiculous difference these pants compared to Kevlar. I live in England now and wear thick 20 m/s, that wouldn't certify in BC.

Apparently you need 24m/s to meet...

*I read this in OH&S regulations of BC as well read the Clogger info that you just posted when this thread started some months back.

Great research by Clogger

Last edited: