RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Right after you Kenneth.
I know a guy who needs more saws for his shelf. You sailing any?

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I first joined I made work for mods.
This place has a crap ton of sub-forums.
I mainly used new post button.

Then when making a new post I put it in one of the saw forums above all that advertising.
I did not know the chainsaw forum for regular guys was below the ads.
SS I did not purposely do that lol.

If that is our biggest problem we should be ok you'd think.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
5:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of my welders was telling me about a place that refurbs older Poulans, want me to ask him what the name is?

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought from new guys. On here. I’m not sure I agree with a set post count. The man I bought from on here sent me the saw first. A 346xp. I told him I liked it and it was as described. Then I sent him money. He had the cojones to send it first. He got his money. We were both happy. Why not allow that sort of sale.? I haven’t checked in a lot lately due to random things. But if the guy has done deals with members here. He’s good enough to sell in my personal opinion.

As always buyers beware. I’ve seen more sketchy sh it from some of the long term members. All of whom have now been banned.
I’m not in the market for any saws but maybe a long time member may be? If so let them take care of business at their discretion
Just my opinion

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought from new guys. On here. I’m not sure I agree with a set post count. The man I bought from on here sent me the saw first. A 346xp. I told him I liked it and it was as described. Then I sent him money. He had the cojones to send it first. He got his money. We were both happy. Why not allow that sort of sale.? I haven’t checked in a lot lately due to random things. But if the guy has done deals with members here. He’s good enough to sell in my personal opinion.

As always buyers beware. I’ve seen more sketchy sh it from some of the long term members. All of whom have now been banned.
I’m not in the market for any saws but maybe a long time member may be? If so let them take care of business at their discretion
Just my opinion
I see where you’re coming from, for sure. I’d say to those looking for a saw to put up an ad for what they want to buy. Anyone can contact them through a PM, and they can do business there. There’s no one stopping anyone from doing that.
There’s also a way for us mods to help long time members with low post counts to put up a for sale ad. All they have to do is contact one of us.
You can also have someone in good standing vouch for you, and we’ll usually allow a sale ad then as well. There’s many ways around this.
On the other hand; 100 posts really isn’t that many, and it would allow the existing members to get to know someone coming to sell.
We’re trying to curb the unknown ones that just come here to sell a saw and then disappear again. There are other avenues for doing that, than on an enthusiast forum.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I see where you’re coming from, for sure. I’d say to those looking for a saw to put up an ad for what they want to buy. Anyone can contact them through a PM, and they can do business there. There’s no one stopping anyone from doing that.
There’s also a way for us mods to help long time members with low post counts to put up a for sale ad. All they have to do is contact one of us.
You can also have someone in good standing vouch for you, and we’ll usually allow a sale ad then as well. There’s many ways around this.
On the other hand; 100 posts really isn’t that many, and it would allow the existing members to get to know someone coming to sell.
We’re trying to curb the unknown ones that just come here to sell a saw and then disappear again. There are other avenues for doing that, than on an enthusiast forum.
I see both sides. I really do. Seems like a great place to sell saws though. Considering this is what the place is dedicated to. Most of my saws came from here and the forum before this one.
My personal opinion is if someone wanted to join just to sell his grandpas saws or whomever. So long as the price is right. Well at least a saw nut has the first shot at it.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Husky187 would be a fair example. He’s been a member since 16. He has 134 posts. I’m not offended by the rules. But Edwad says this guy is good.

the reason I mention husky 187 is I bought from him. He doesn’t post much but he clearly lurks. He handled business like a pro. I think the 100 post count could take a while to achieve especially if you’re new or learning.

you miss are doing a fine job. Please don’t think I’m trying to ruffle feathers. Just didn’t know the rules had changed.

-You guys are doing a fine job. Not you miss.

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just comes down to whether or not you want new members to contribute to the site, Or use the site to just pimp saws.
I think the staff is doing a fine job. Trying to find a happy medium here.
Help cut down on potential fraud.
Unfortunately the few bad people ruin it for all the good people.
Just picture yourself on the wrong end of a new member sale gone bad and you're out of your hard earned money.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Husky187 would be a fair example. He’s been a member since 16. He has 134 posts. I’m not offended by the rules. But Edwad says this guy is good.

the reason I mention husky 187 is I bought from him. He doesn’t post much but he clearly lurks. He handled business like a pro. I think the 100 post count could take a while to achieve especially if you’re new or learning.

you miss are doing a fine job. Please don’t think I’m trying to ruffle feathers. Just didn’t know the rules had changed.
In a case like that it’s easy. Contact us, and we’ll get it taken care of. A member like Edwad vouching for someone is good enough for us. It’s already happened several times, and takes no effort from our side. We’re here to help.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In a case like that it’s easy. Contact us, and we’ll get it taken care of. A member like Edwad vouching for someone is good enough for us. It’s already happened several times, and takes no effort from our side. We’re here to help.
Job well done sir. I wasn’t bashing. Again I haven’t been around much lately. I think if it’s a simple thing such as get in touch with a mod. It makes sense