Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
3:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi there.

I hate to be the party pooper, but unless you have a 100 post minimum, we can’t allow you to post a for sale ad. I see this thread was started on the general chainsaw page and not in the ad section. I don’t know if that was because the ad section didn’t permit you to post a sale ad, or if you put it here by accident.

I recommend you familiarize yourself with the 4 top threads on this page:
https://opeforum.com/forums/whole-chainsaws-for-sale-trade.59/

The new rules were implemented a few weeks ago. I have unfortunately had to edit your post.

Please feel free to reach out to any of the moderators with any questions you may have.

Thanks.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I don’t understand why anyone would join and try to post something for sale immediately. It just screams sketchy.
I dunno why anyone would wanna talk to a mod....have ya seen those guys lately ? They seem sketchy too... Can we sell one of those guys without 100 posts ?

MOAR poast LESS mod !!!!

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi there.

I hate to be the party pooper, but unless you have a 100 post minimum, we can’t allow you to post a for sale ad. I see this thread was started on the general chainsaw page and not in the ad section. I don’t know if that was because the ad section didn’t permit you to post a sale ad, or if you put it here by accident.

I recommend you familiarize yourself with the 4 top threads on this page:
https://opeforum.com/forums/whole-chainsaws-for-sale-trade.59/

The new rules were implemented a few weeks ago. I have unfortunately had to edit your post.

Please feel free to reach out to any of the moderators with any questions you may have.

Thanks.
This is how it is done. Nice job Sondre!

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for closing the gate!
You guys do a great job
Thank you. We do our collectively best. Are we perfect? No, but we’re pretty damn close :D And we’re all very handsome.

I don’t understand why anyone would join and try to post something for sale immediately. It just screams sketchy.
It certainly can come across sketchy, even if is or not. The 100 post minimum is to make sure the new members are here to be a part of the community, and not just here to sell. I hope the OP sticks around, and shows us he’s here for more than just selling a few saws.

I dunno why anyone would wanna talk to a mod....have ya seen those guys lately ? They seem sketchy too... Can we sell one of those guys without 100 posts ?

MOAR poast LESS mod !!!!
I agree Angelo. We don’t even talk to each other because we’re all so sketchy.

Now, as for selling off the members with less than 100 posts, I’m pretty sure that’s illegal.o_O You’re free to sell TO them, though. :D

This is how it is done. Nice job Sondre!
Thanks Jeff. A little communication goes a long way. If the OP didn’t know the rules, he now does, and will hopefully stay and get to 100 posts pretty quickly.

wap13

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I have no dog in the fight but I have joined a forum to sell something before. Case in point, I purchased a land cruiser. I had no idea what a cult following they had. I was removing quite a bit of "junk" off of it that I didnt need or want but would certainly be useful for someone else. So I joined a forum to sell off some stuff to keep from throwing stuff in the dump, making a mess in my shop, etc. Plus put a couple bucks in my pocket.

Just playing devils advocate here, dont know the OP or anything like that.

Plus this is the first I have seen about the 100 post minimum and not sure I'm there yet despite being here for years. I have sold some things here and would like to continue to do so.

Mugsy

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Wow guys I’m sorry....,,I have been a member since October. I stay busy working and honestly don’t get a lot of time to interact on this site or any site in particular. My house Burnt down November 2nd. I had to take a lot of my stuff and put it in Storage due to the fact I didn’t have room for it where I’m living now. Last year was a rough year for me and honestly it hasn’t got a lot better. In an attempt to help generate some needed cash and to stay away from EBay I thought I would just put it out there. I didn’t price anything and honestly just thought maybe I had something someone would be interested in. Anyway, moving forward and needing to get back to work I wish you all the best and enjoy the rest of your day...........warmest regards. Mugsy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
12:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm in and out of bookface groups all the time to sell or learn about whatever random thingy I ended up with. Usually vehicles or saws...but yeah on forums, sounds like trouble from prev exp.

Last edited:

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
12:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow guys I’m sorry....,,I have been a member since October. I stay busy working and honestly don’t get a lot of time to interact on this site or any site in particular. My house Burnt down November 2nd. I had to take a lot of my stuff and put it in Storage due to the fact I didn’t have room for it where I’m living now. Last year was a rough year for me and honestly it hasn’t got a lot better. In an attempt to help generate some needed cash and to stay away from EBay I thought I would just put it out there. I didn’t price anything and honestly just thought maybe I had something someone would be interested in. Anyway, moving forward and needing to get back to work I wish you all the best and enjoy the rest of your day...........warmest regards. Mugsy

Sorry to hear about losing your house.

Yeah, the 100 post rule came about as a result of a few bad actors joining the forum, quickly posting for sale ads, and then disappearing forever with people's money after not delivering items or maintaining contact.

It's not meant to just penalize new people, it's meant to ensure that people are gonna stick around and follow through on a sale. Of course, it's not fool proof - we've had some long-time members pull big scams
and con several members out of saws and a substantial amount of money...

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have no dog in the fight but I have joined a forum to sell something before. Case in point, I purchased a land cruiser. I had no idea what a cult following they had. I was removing quite a bit of "junk" off of it that I didnt need or want but would certainly be useful for someone else. So I joined a forum to sell off some stuff to keep from throwing stuff in the dump, making a mess in my shop, etc. Plus put a couple bucks in my pocket.

Just playing devils advocate here, dont know the OP or anything like that.

Plus this is the first I have seen about the 100 post minimum and not sure I'm there yet despite being here for years. I have sold some things here and would like to continue to do so.
For the long time members with low post counts, we encourage you to contact one of the mods if you're looking to start a for sale thread. We know there are stand up and long time members with low post counts, and there are ways for us to help out.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Hi Mugsy.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Do you have anyone here who can vouch for you, or that you've done business with before?

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought the 288 from Edwad.

My best suggestion then would be to start a PM with Randy and Edwad, and see if you can come to a solution. Feel free to add me as well, since I know this thread and have been posting here.