High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

I cut two trees down

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Lookin for abnormal piston wear sometimes can save a saw from the worst scenario or tell u if something isnt breakin in right on a rebuild or a new saw. But u can see that through the muffler. I normally look through the ex. Port to check break in or oil. Heck I took my saws apart to share any differences the oils was making internally but guess Ill save myself alil humiliation and embarrastment from being the punch line from now on? :cunaooooo:

Keith , online chainsawing is never " personal "

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I agree. Seems though

With all do respect keith ole buddy some of this stuff gets so far fetched it really is borderline comical for the average woodtick...

So many things are gonna go wrong with a chainsaw that is worked hard long before one oil provides more benefit over the other for that it really is a wash in the real world.

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
10:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
With all do respect keith ole buddy some of this stuff gets so far fetched it really is borderline comical for the average woodtick...

So many things are gonna go wrong with a chainsaw that is worked hard long before one oil provides more benefit over the other for that it really is a wash in the real world.
But Ryan on the other end of the stick u have folks that dig inside of saws and know the mechanical end of things that others that use saws day in and day out dont see or dont understand. I dont think people who use a saw daily have the right to hack on people who work on saws daily and see alota things the right to be complete sarcastic *a-holes either. I know I service saws and equipment for people in logging and treeservices, landscaping and no offense to thoso people because I have respect for their experience and knowledge but most could care less about anything other than cranking and working with the tool. If they understood tuning and what some of the oils do differently than others I would probably see alot less fouled up with carbon and other failures.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
But Ryan on the other end of the stick u have folks that dig inside of saws and know the mechanical end of things that others that use saws day in and day out dont see or dont understand. I dont think people who use a saw daily have the right to hack on people who work on saws daily and see alota things the right to be complete sarcastic *a-holes either. I know I service saws and equipment for people in logging and treeservices, landscaping and no offense to thoso people because I have respect for their experience and knowledge but most could care less about anything other than cranking and working with the tool. If they understood tuning and what some of the oils do differently than others I would probably see alot less fouled up with carbon and other failures.

Your probably right...i agree for the most part.

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your probably right...i agree for the most part.
Just my side of the view. Its all good just alil discouraging when one spends the last 3 yrs of their life trying to actually contribute and mostly gets kicked in the nuts!!:cunaooooo:

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Just my side of the view. Its all good just alil discouraging when one spends the last 3 yrs of their life trying to actually contribute and mostly gets kicked in the nuts!!:cunaooooo:

All i have to add here is that now the guy i work for just started buyin supertech synthetic instead of stihl oil and i turned him on to buyin eth free gas and being more mindful of clean air filters etc..is klotz better than supertech ?..im sure it is..does it matter ?..for a guy like him ?..no..but your testing and willingness to share what you find is cool nonetheless.

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All i have to add here is that now the guy i work for just started buyin supertech synthetic instead of stihl oil and i turned him on to buyin eth free gas and being more mindful of clean air filters etc..is klotz better than supertech ?..im sure it is..does it matter ?..for a guy like him ?..no..but your testing and willingness to share what you find is cool nonetheless.
Im sick of talkin oil!! Lol! Ill say I tried 93 e free and synthetic supertech at 50to1 this morning in my Stihl BG85 blower instead of Klotz KL200 at 42to1 and 87 and it cranked/recranked, idled, and ran better. Conclusion on my part? Kl200, benol, 800t and upperend bike oils need high load/rpm to combust and perform and normal OPE , trimmers, blowers, etc will benefit from OPE oil. Ill probably be running Royal Purple which is 6.8 viscosity in my trimmers and blowers at 42to1 or 50to1

Coltont

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Down time is loss of production to me. Maintain your saws with kooth and 9 times out of 10 they won't let you down. Regardless of the oil you use.

Jughead

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Im sick of talkin oil!! Lol! Ill say I tried 93 e free and synthetic supertech at 50to1 this morning in my Stihl BG85 blower instead of Klotz KL200 at 42to1 and 87 and it cranked/recranked, idled, and ran better. Conclusion on my part? Kl200, benol, 800t and upperend bike oils need high load/rpm to combust and perform and normal OPE , trimmers, blowers, etc will benefit from OPE oil. Ill probably be running Royal Purple which is 6.8 viscosity in my trimmers and blowers at 42to1 or 50to1
not me i could talk oil all day long.(this is of course being sarcastic) i just run what i feel like......oil is oil is oil.havent burned one up yet.may just switch to straight 30wt motor oil from here on out like the olden days just for the hell of it.

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
not me i could talk oil all day long.(this is of course being sarcastic) i just run what i feel like......oil is oil is oil.havent burned one up yet.may just switch to straight 30wt motor oil from here on out like the olden days just for the hell of it.
Ive settled on kl200 for my ported saws but thinkin on ope oil for everything else. Im interested in Royal Purple and Amsoil

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Brian do u know the viscosity of Dumonde? I cant find it

Last edited:

sawfun

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm glad I'm only licenced to operate a Silky, woops, downgraded to a permit for a small Corona folder. Cylinders and pistons? I see no good coming from that high tech nonsense. Besides lots of chiropractors need work that only a good sharpened misery whip can provide.

junkman

Crush it
Local time
8:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Brian do u know the viscosity of Dumonde? I cant fimnd it
I am not sure ,Redbull and Madvle asked me the same thing ,you have to richen the mixture when run it if i remember right so it may be less than most bike oils ,it ran the best in my opinion of the bike oils i tried so far so it may be closer to an ope viscosity then a bike one .