p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
7:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a question about 359 porting, why is there such a ridge at the beginning of the port at the case half? I started grinding it back and smoothing it when I thought about case volume and a hundred other fears, what say you how have ported them.
@t4driller might be able to help you out. He builds some pretty snotty 359's.

t4driller

Daddy Day Care
Local time
10:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
You can grind it back to almost match. Just watch you dont grind through into the transfer covers. Gets pretty thin there. I dont go that far to match case anymore.

KZ1000

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks! I didn't know whether they were trying to promote turbulence or if it helped push air in when the piston was coming down.

t4driller

Daddy Day Care
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Where your at now is bout far as i go with them. Far as case volume, i ported a 359, made sone cuts then switched it onto a 357 case with stuffers ( less volume). Lost some power on bottom end, but picked up throttle response and a tiny bit of rpm. I put it back onto the 359 case.

KZ1000

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Great to know. I will finish beveling it top and bottom and do some smoothing.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
9:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Working on a 268 husqvarna, wasn’t running so as I’m looking over I see the carb stack not tight and a gap between plastic manifold and carb figure that’s the problem. Pull carb off rebuild look over everything put back together making sure the carb stack seals up properly. Pull and won’t start, dump Gas in the cylinder and pull doesn’t even sound like it wants to catch but is firing some because smoke came out of plug hole when I removed plug to check it. Plug was a little wet dryed off and tried again must have fired some even though I never heard it. Then pulled over many times to make sure it was cleared out. Put plug back and tried again still won’t start. Leave it alone for the night tried today fired and ran till out of gas in cylinder. Dump little mix in and fires some but won’t catch and run. Has spark not as blue as i think it should be but it’s still there and constant. Tried different plugs also trying to eliminate a cracked insulator. Any ideas? 150 psi on a new Hyway top end.