Husqvarna LGT24K54 help

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Recently acquired this mower from my wife’s grandparents. They supposedly had a harness put on but still has the same symptoms. Sometimes it will crank, sometimes it won’t. I have replaced the ignition switch, solenoid, brake switch, and seat switch. I have not determined if the harness has been truly replaced or not. I have no power going to the power side of the solenoid from the white wire. I currently have a hot wire I am using to start it with. Like this, the PTO will not engage.

It sounds like a sensor somewhere, but I’m not sure exactly how to run it down. I need to get it fixed to give to my dad before spring. I hate these newer mowers!

Does anyone have a wiring diagram of one of these mowers.

Here is the SN: 061611A001622
It has a Kawasaki FR691V

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Found the problem. Seems the how wire from the key switch runs through the PTO switch, then to the solenoid. A tab was broke off in the connector and wasn't getting good conact. Bypassed it and haven't had a problem since .

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Actually the circuit path for the starter solenoid is from ignition switch thru the PTO switch, Brake switch, and then the starter solenoid. Yes those Packard (Delphi) terminals can break at the spring hinge point leaving the terminal in the connector housing not applying pressure on the mating terminal. You shouldn't be bypasing the safety system setup as someone can get hurt usually a youngster. Back in the summer a had mower in the shop because a previous DIYer bypassed the safety and the owner didn't know. So when he crank it up and was knock off the mower by a tree branch the mower continue on and smacked his brand new car.

These terminals are easily replaced as long as you have an open barrel crimper and a new terminal.

BTW the wiring schematic is part of the IPL for this mower and is available from Husqvarna's support website. Also note you mower date of birth is June 16, 2011.

https://www.husqvarna.com/us/support/manuals-downloads/

Direct IPL link
http://service.webec.husqvarna.net/...NAes/HUSI2012_NAenNAes_LGT24K54_581587227.pdf

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Actually the circuit path for the starter solenoid is from ignition switch thru the PTO switch, Brake switch, and then the starter solenoid. Yes those Packard (Delphi) terminals can break at the spring hinge point leaving the terminal in the connector housing not applying pressure on the mating terminal. You shouldn't be bypasing the safety system setup as someone can get hurt usually a youngster. Back in the summer a had mower in the shop because a previous DIYer bypassed the safety and the owner didn't know. So when he crank it up and was knock off the mower by a tree branch the mower continue on and smacked his brand new car.

These terminals are easily replaced as long as you have an open barrel crimper and a new terminal.

BTW the wiring schematic is part of the IPL for this mower and is available from Husqvarna's support website. Also note you mower date of birth is June 16, 2011.

https://www.husqvarna.com/us/support/manuals-downloads/

Direct IPL link
http://service.webec.husqvarna.net/...NAes/HUSI2012_NAenNAes_LGT24K54_581587227.pdf
Thanks. I plan on replacing it, but I about bought a PTO switch thinking it was bad. I cut the end off of the broke one and attached it to the other. I had intermittent PTO as well and was trying to determine if it was the switch or not. I dug around and found some ends to crimp back on. The harness has supposedly been replaced, but I am doubting it at this point.

There is no way I would pass this along in this shape! It’s like selling a saw with a broken brake flag.

Now, do you know how to adjust the forward/reverse handle? This mower creeps if you go from forward to neutral. If you back up then go to N, it will stay.

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just remember a flat bobbie pin can be used to remove these terminals from the housing as you got to release the locking tab.
Now, do you know how to adjust the forward/reverse handle? This mower creeps if you go from forward to neutral. If you back up then go to N, it will stay.
Yes. See following image as where the adjustment area located. I raise the rear drive wheels clear on the ground. You find where neutral is with equipment running. Shut down the engine for safety then without moving the lever loosen 276 screw. Afterwards you then the lever to the desired neutral position and retighten the screw. It may take tries as slack in the linkages may offset the setting a bit. This iswhy you are having the described problem as there is a little play in the linkage (279) and the mating holes now but you can get most of it out with the adjustment.
cdFhPtq.png

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for helping out a dumb east TN man. Is this the same adjustment as on a Craftsman? I found a YouTube video of that type of adjustment.

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All in all, this mower is in good shape with 200 hours on it. My dad needs a smaller mower at their new place, so I am getting back my old front deck JD diesel.

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for helping out a dumb east TN man. Is this the same adjustment as on a Craftsman? I found a YouTube video of that type of adjustment.
It depends on which hydro they used. AYP and Husqvarna based mowers uses three different hydros. I do know that the Tuff Torq is the one shown for the fore-mentioned Husqvarna mower according to the IPL. There is a different adjustment on the Hydro Gear transaxle. I have only seen one of the General Transmissions transaxles so I am in the dark there too. Also the ZTR are using a different setup too.

As far as being dumb you're not because at least you are asking questions and admitting you don't know everything. It the ones that think they know everything that fooling themselves. Personally I am constantly learning something new as I do repairs. Me and an other tech are currently trying to figure out running problem on a side by side that has an EFI setup. Can't rely on the dealer as they already told we had a failed fuel pump and they can't retrieve the error codes. I do know the service manual is wrong on how to do a simple test on the TPS module. That cost us $180 and it wasn't even bad.

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Resurrecting this thread. Dad called and said the rear end is dripping a few drops of oil when he is done mowing. Can these be resealed?