Shindaiwa EB854 Backpack Blower

Classicjerry

New OPE Member
Local time
12:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am working on my neighbors Shindaiwa Blower and it runs for a few seconds and then bogs out. I have looked at the usual culprits like carbon in the exhaust, carb, fouled plug with no success. At this point I am challenged to overcome this machine and thought I would ask for other things to check. One thing this machine has is a thermal sensor that limits the machine RPM's should it overheat. I would like to know if there is a way I can test this thermal sensor. Also, other thoughts on things to check. Thanks, Jerry

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you rebuild the carb or just clean it? Ultrasonic cleaner can work wonders.
What kind of shape is the fuel line in? Does it have a primer bulb and is it in good condition??

Classicjerry

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a carb on an EB8520 that I put on with no change. I replaced all the fuel lines and fuel filter. There was what appeared to be a pin hole in the fuel line, but even replaced the original problem is still there. Thanks

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Could be the coil is *s-wordting the bed. They can run really wonky when this happens. A lot of the time they will fire but have no power then bog out and die. Also check the flywheel key hasn’t partially sheared which will throw the timing off. Just trying to throw a few ideas your way.
The problem is unless you have stuff laying around it could get expensive playing parts darts with something like this.