Husqvarna 2100cd Carb Intake Manifold Question

hacskaroly

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have been working on my Husqvarna 2100cd and when installing the carb intake manifold, I noticed there is a screw hole (assumed) that lines up with threads on the carb (noted yellow line in picture). Looking at the IPL I didn't see any screw/part number for this. I assume that this might be an old version of the idle screw, maybe from older style saws that they just reused the same parts for, but with the 2100s they dropped that screw and replaced with the side mount version. Is this the case or is there something else going on here?
1703025406670.png

hacskaroly

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would say that carb is supposed to have an idle screw right there
That is what I was thinking, but it already has a side mount idle screw and the IPLs only show the side mount screw. I wonder if an earlier Husqvarna model used the same carb/intake manifold setup with a idle screw there. It seems it will be more of a challenge to adjust due to having to take off the air intake cover to adjust rather than adjusting the side mount version.

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is what I was thinking, but it already has a side mount idle screw and the IPLs only show the side mount screw. I wonder if an earlier Husqvarna model used the same carb/intake manifold setup with an idle screw there. It seems it will be more of a challenge to adjust due to having to take off the air intake cover to adjust rather than adjusting the side mount version.
Both of mine have side adjustment , with that setup,

Agrarian

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All 2100 IPL's use the same part number, 501285401, for the air filter elbow and all show the side Idle screw adjustment so tis a mystery.

Last edited:

Agrarian

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 1100CD used that idle speed set up on the air horn like that.
Odd, the three 1100 IPL's I have (73, 75, 76) all show the side screw and spring for idle speed adjustment as did the 185, 285, and 298. After digging into it more, the 180/280/380/480 did use an idle screw mounted to the carb and that horn would be used to provide access to the idle speed screw head.

Last edited:

Agrarian

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
...I was meaning the air horn casting. Sorry if I wasn't that clear in my description. :(
No worries, I was wrong in my first post on this. I stated that air horn was only used on the 2100 which is completely wrong - don't know what happened with my parts search to make me say that. Anyway I've corrected it. So it seems that the answer is that this filter mount elbow is used on the 480 family of saws which did not have the side-adjust idle speed screw design.

Last edited:

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
6:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No worries, I was wrong in my first post on this. I stated that air horn was only used on the 2100 which is completely wrong - don't know what happened with my parts search to make me say that. Anyway I've corrected it. So it seems that the answer is that this filter mount elbow is used on the 480 family of saws which did not have the side-adjust idle speed screw design.
Could be it was a one part fits all kind of thing?

hacskaroly

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am not sure why I didn't see these replies...but I appreciate the input. I was thinking that it was just a one-size-fits-all piece used in several other saws too and that "air horn" casting wasn't needed on the 2100, but everything else about the elbow was. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything or reading the IPL incorrectly!