High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

How to square file

WOODS

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Should have asked this first - is square filed outside in or inside out? I have been filing outside in; opposite from how I round filing.

Thanks, Ron

big t double

You can call me Teddy Eastwood.....
Local time
12:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Here's what I've been attempting the last few nights...have no real idea what I'm doing...just trying to copy some of what you guys are posting. The teeth are all over the board in terms if consistency...most look like ass. Still gotta fux with the raker height. Hope it cuts. No wood to test in before taking it to Tennessee.

IMG_3277.JPG

IMG_3279.JPG

Brush Ape

Direct Connection
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's what I've been attempting the last few nights...have no real idea what I'm doing...just trying to copy some of what you guys are posting. The teeth are all over the board in terms if consistency...most look like ass. Still gotta fux with the raker height. Hope it cuts. No wood to test in before taking it to Tennessee.

View attachment 143518

View attachment 143519

Luv ya man but that top pic has glint, corner too low..but better than too high.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Luv ya man but that top pic has glint, corner too low..but better than too high.
I’m not looking to give away any secrets, so I’ll phrase it this way :

Have you timed a perfectly cornered chain (if you’ve ever seen one) against a chain with a hair of a side beak or low corner ?

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m not looking to give away any secrets, so I’ll phrase it this way :

Have you timed a perfectly cornered chain (if you’ve ever seen one) against a chain with a hair of a side beak or low corner ?
My recent experience shows that a low grinder corner to the tooth corner cuts well but goes dull sooner. Have not run a lot of chains I've put thru the Simmington, but it is more consistent than what I have turned out with the file which the grinder showed how erratic I am.
Your mileage may vary

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 143518

View attachment 143519
This goin on the Dragon Lee 046?

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My recent experience shows that a low grinder corner to the tooth corner cuts well but goes dull sooner. Have not run a lot of chains I've put thru the Simmington, but it is more consistent than what I have turned out with the file which the grinder showed how erratic I am.
Your mileage may vary
He’s not going for durability

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
LOL
Somtingwong with your chain. It have shiny side. [emoji1787]