High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

How to square file

big t double

You can call me Teddy Eastwood.....
Local time
5:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Luv ya man but that top pic has glint, corner too low..but better than too high.
No sweat...I'll take all the criticism you wanna give. I'm listening. But what's glint?
This goin on the Dragon Lee 046?

Yessir...is there something about it so far that says I shouldn't?

He’s not going for durability

If it makes one cut halfway straight I'll be amused. I'm envisioning a slow ass cut on a half moon curve.

I've dug tunnel, just a little. Last thing I want to do is break a toof. I don't have a spinner to fix.
View attachment 143755

Mind if I ask...why doggie bone the tie strap on the cutter but not take the chassis down just as low on the cutter side?

About what are you guys setting rakers at on go fast chains...I know wood and saws matter...but generally...where do you start? I believe the cants in Tennessee will be of the pine variety.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
6:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No sweat...I'll take all the criticism you wanna give. I'm listening. But what's glint?

If it makes one cut halfway straight I'll be amused. I'm envisioning a slow ass cut on a half moon curve.

Mind if I ask...why doggie bone the tie strap on the cutter but not take the chassis down just as low on the cutter side?

About what are you guys setting rakers at on go fast chains...I know wood and saws matter...but generally...where do you start? I believe the cants in Tennessee will be of the pine variety.
Start at 20

WKEND LUMBERJAK

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Set the rakers for the saw .

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Guess I'm doing it all wrong :stick:
View attachment 143741
One of mine looked like that, with the undercut sort of look. Not quite so much but I dressed a blue wheel and just touched up the corner enough. Enough to make that corner good for milling:risas3: which may differ. IMG_20180930_230310.jpg The other side came out close to the same, even tho the lighting doesn't show it off as well.IMG_20180930_230650.jpg Will dress the wheel a bit thinner before taking on the 185 dl loop for milling the burl, and taking a couple wheels down to moparnut88 & bring some smaller bars to make a board or two with him.
He taught a bunch to me, turn about is only fair.
Old Guy's idea about sitting to eyeball the corner works well for me ( with 2.5 reading glasses):cool:

Last edited:

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've dug tunnel, just a little. Last thing I want to do is break a toof. I don't have a spinner to fix.
View attachment 143755
Don't need no stinking spinner! I have a cannon ball anvil w/ ballpeen to set the rivet. Thanks for reminding me to dig out the spinner in case someone wants to purchase one at discount.

moparnut88

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't need no stinking spinner! I have a cannon ball anvil w/ ballpeen to set the rivet. Thanks for reminding me to dig out the spinner in case someone wants to purchase one at discount.
Is it a name brand spinner? I got one of the harbor freight ones and it works but quality is always preferred.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Is it a name brand spinner? I got one of the harbor freight ones and it works but quality is always preferred.

I have one older Oregon spinner and one newer no name. They work about the same. Two punches to. One Oregon old style and one old no name. Both work good. The Oregon breaks tips.

moparnut88

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have one older Oregon spinner and one newer no name. They work about the same. Two punches to. One Oregon old style and one old no name. Both work good. The Oregon breaks tips.
The hf one works only problems I'm having is the piece that spins again the rivet wobbles around while spinning.