Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
8:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My dealer is having their 20% off day soon and I am going to buy a brush cutter. I am looking at the SRM-2620U and the SRM-280U. My question is will the 280 be worth the extra 90 dollars over the 2620? I'm just cutting grass and fleshy weeds. No trees or Woody stuff. My inner self want to get the bigger engine but I don't think it's worth the cost for alittle less than 3cc.

Anybody used both?

whitesnake

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was trying to do a comparison myself...I want a new attachment system...between echo 2620 or stihl 94r. Was thinking about the echo if I could get one during their 20% events but there's none around me. Mainly want a trimmer head and a power broom.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great! That is exactly the information I needed.

Thank you.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lighter and the same power more or less. Also a replacement carb is half the cost if you happen to need one.

How does the 280 compare to the new 2620?

Brian72

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got a 266 and I'll give you my personal opinion. I'm normally an Echo fan so don't consider this bashing, just my experience. I hate the trimmer! The unit is plenty powerful but the trimmer head design sucks. There's a big gap between the top of the spool and the guard. Getting into heavy weeds the thing constantly gets wrapped up. Anything heavier than grass just sucks. You'll spend half the day unwrapping junk off the head. My previous trimmer was a Stihl and I could run it for hours. This Echo, my wrist and arms are cramping after 10 minutes. I can't explain why but it's just the way it is. Again, I'm in no way bashing the brand. When the Stihl crapped out, I was excited to get the Echo since I've had such good experience with their equipment. This is just one purchase that I'm not happy with.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree with the trimmer head and tall grass. It does clog up if you cut anything over 10 inches with it but I will mostly be using blade so I believe it will be alright. I have a Husqvarna 232 trimmer for tall grass.

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Question for those in the know:

Is there a decent echo trimmer that has a bicycle handle bar, and the ability to add an edger attachment?

Will be used mostly for grass trimming, with some limited use in small brush, and edging the beds 1 or 2 times a year.