blsnelling

Friend of the Riff Raff
Local time
1:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did I mention they didnt work?
I said they dont work well. And they dont..
And where is your evidence to support that? It's internet statements like this that mislead others and an unfounded rumor mistakenly becomes internet fact.

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I know this thread has become less about the original topic but I have a couple saws I ran all winter. On average 4 tanks a day using red armor at 40:1 if anyone wants I'll take the cylinders back off but I did last week to check them and forgot to take pics. No excessive carbon and everything was VERY well lubricated. I found zero reason to quit using it IMO and probably won't. Not trying to argue just sharing a different result.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I know this thread has become less about the original topic but I have a couple saws I ran all winter. On average 4 tanks a day using red armor at 40:1 if anyone wants I'll take the cylinders back off but I did last week to check them and forgot to take pics. No excessive carbon and everything was VERY well lubricated. I found zero reason to quit using it IMO and probably won't. Not trying to argue just sharing a different result.

I've never used it. Just love rocking the boat. LOL

I'm like you seem to be, find something that works, and stick with it.

I used 2R for a good while, now I'm trying Amsoil Dominator. I'm sure any good oil will suit our needs.

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've never used it. Just love rocking the boat. LOL

I'm like you seem to be, find something that works, and stick with it.

I used 2R for a good while, now I'm trying Amsoil Dominator. I'm sure any good oil will suit our needs.
I ran nothing but dominator when I was into dirt bikes and snowmobiles. Good stuff but it got expensive around here

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ran nothing but dominator when I was into dirt bikes and snowmobiles. Good stuff but it got expensive around here

One of my customers was losing a PTO bearing about every six months on Husky Silver. He switched to Dominator and hasn't lost one in about 3 seasons now.

That really got my attention.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dominator better than Saber?

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dominator better than Saber?
Seems like it so far. Only a few tanks through a couple saws so far so no verdict yet from me. Seems to burn a little cleaner.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After @Red97 posted a pic of a logger’s 395 P/C with I think he said 2million bd feet on it that was ran on dominator... it impressed me how it looked. It’s easy for me to find amsoil locally near me as well. The only negative I can think of is that it doesn’t have stabilizer in it like saber. But I don’t store my saws with gas in them, I would use tru fuel/ethanol free or run them dry if I were to let them sit.

Last edited:

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Different additive package. I remember having a question between interceptor and dominator for my KTM enduro and Seadoo. Dominator is was for racing applications. Tech department asked me how often I tore my engines down. I said as little as possible lol. Seems like their racing oils are built to take more extreme punishing between races or rebuilds and their non racing products have additive packages that are geared towards longevity. At least that's my interpretation.

blsnelling

Friend of the Riff Raff
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The only negative I can think of is that it doesn’t have stabilizer in it like saber. But I don’t store my saws with gas in them, I would use tru fuel/ethanol free or run them dry if I were to let them sit.
The concern isn't your fuel. The concern is that it is less effective at preventing rust on the crank and bearings. Is this an issue? Probably only in rare circumstances. I'm sure it's a great oil.

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is this the original or new formula RA? Thanks

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Same here never an issue plus no headaches that's my favorite thing about ra.
I've got a 5+ year old 590 echo the piston looked new only used ra 40/1 in it and my 20+ other saw's
Still have 8 2.5 bottles to use.
Being as cheap as i am
I have 30 bottles of tanaka *s-wordfire on order from amazon
It was only 6.44 shipped per
6 2.5 gallon mix bottles.
If it gives me headaches it'll be christmas gifts lol