High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Hate to say it...

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I had ceramic bearings in my 346XP for years, turning 15-16K and running a 20" B&C a lot of the time. I sold it to a full time arborist and it's still going strong.
An example of one isnt very comforting.
There are reasons they are not widely used in two cycles.

blsnelling

Friend of the Riff Raff
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
An example of one isnt very comforting.
There are reasons they are not widely used in two cycles.
An example of one failure isn't very concerning either, and certainly no reason to label them negatively. They're not widely used because they're much more expensive.

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
An example of one failure isn't very concerning either, and certainly no reason to label them negatively. They're not widely used because they're much more expensive.
BS. A Premium brand like KTM doesnt use them and for a good reason. IE they dont work well when exposed to dirt and vibration. Plus the cost for the gain just isnt there. Especially in a crude motor like a chainsaw.

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ceramic car brakes are not widely used either only a few makers use them like Ferrari, Bugatti, Lamborghini etc. The option often costs more than a small European car...
Because brake pads and bearings have lots in common..

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
4:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Show me evidence of them not working in chainsaws.

They work in saws of course. But, they don't seem to be really well suited to a harsh environment. For instance, if you have a saw that is eating dust, or fines, the ceramics seem not to be able to handle that as well as a steel bearing. I guess you could say that they are a bit more fragile. Maybe?

And.....in all fairness. This is just me parroting things I've been told by guys that I consider more experienced in all things saw related than me. I've never installed, nor do I plan to ever install a ceramic bearing in a saw engine.

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
They work in saws of course. But, they don't seem to be really well suited to a harsh environment. For instance, if you have a saw that is eating dust, or fines, the ceramics seem not to be able to handle that as well as a steel bearing. I guess you could say that they are a bit more fragile. Maybe?

And.....in all fairness. This is just me parroting things I've been told by guys that I consider more experienced in all things saw related than me. I've never installed, nor do I plan to ever install a ceramic bearing in a saw engine.
The manufacturer will tell you the same thing.