Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
1:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I was in school I was taught that 87 octane fuel (since it’s low octane makes it so volatile) actually has the potential to produce the most power - IF you can harness it. Trouble is that it becomes hard to control under higher conpression (differences in pump fuel quality also contribute to this problem) and therefore pings and causes other issues we don’t want - besides the poor additive package that also causes damage to fuel system components..

tp2177

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I just use the corn gas, no additives, and put a carb kit and fuel hose in when needed. just don't store it that way. true fuel for storage.

I don’t mind running corn gas in my mower during the summer when I know it won’t be sitting there long. I’m bad to still think that I’m going to run my mower or blower during the winter during leaf season so then I will leave gas in it in the shed and not winterize. Usually for my last mow of the year I’ll put the Conoco gas in everything in case I forget. My stihl fs90 sat all winter and cranked on the 3rd pull lol. I need to do better, but I get lazy and don’t want to play in a non heated shed in the cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know a lot of the turbo'd LSX guys are running E15 as they were making more power on that.
Look at the import guys running lots of boost, they favor the E85. Pretty sweet seeing something around 2 liters making over a thousand horsepower.

Roadfxr

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some grease is incompatible.

Yes you are correct. We grease these big bearings daily well not just because your supposed to but when these particular bearings are $800 plus you do everything you can to ensure there proper lubrication. We had used some different branded bearings that were in fact somewhat cheaper so we figured well that’s why they were failing at a sooner timeframe then expected. That’s when Schaeffers entered the picture. Talked with there rep and as with any salesman I was somewhat skeptical but new Schaeffers had a good reputation. Long story short it was the grease not the bearings. Couldn’t break down why exactly but obviously the grease we were using wasn’t compatible with the demands of our bearings. We have one bearing that’s been going 3 years now and another one approaching 2 years. I’m not saying there aren’t other greases that could do the same thing that ours is doing but if it’s working why mess with it.

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here in Tennessee we run everthang on moonshine.

To derail the derail of the derail.....

I'm headed to Knoxville the weekend of the 14th of April. Would any of y'all genteel southern gentlemen know where a yankee might find a couple jars of decent corn likker?

tp2177

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I think there is a store in Gatlinburg that sells it

Never really drank any form of alcohol though so I wouldn’t know for sure just think I have heard that before.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I'm headed to Knoxville the weekend of the 14th of April. Would any of y'all genteel southern gentlemen know where a yankee might find a couple jars of decent corn likker?

No any longer. At one time I could have hooked you up with any flavor brandy you could have wanted. Made it myself.

#MastermindBrandy

Greg Newman

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think there is a store in Gatlinburg that sells it

Never really drank any form of alcohol though so I wouldn’t know for sure just think I have heard that before.

Ole Smoky Whiskey Distillery is the name of the store in Pigeon Forge. It is located on the Island.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I doubt if there is any kind of "grain" lobby in Ks. is there? lol

Not like there is in Iowa. They tried to build a corn gas refinery outside of town 10 years ago and it was DOA. Cattlemen do not want to see high corn prices in these parts.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I oil my thread all the time ;)
My favorite vids :)
I really don’t like oil threads
View attachment 118347
I'll buy a bottle if some happens to pop up at a gtg.
You’re killing me Julian
Ill buy a bottle or two if it pops up at a gtg.
I just use the corn gas, no additives, and put a carb kit and fuel hose in when needed. just don't store it that way. true fuel for storage.
Yup

Geez you have not learned how to cook mash yet?