Hard to find German Dolmar 421s now?

Gizzard

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I feel like Iam lucky for not knowing how to ready and jist flipping leavers furiously until get the desired result ;)

I like that strategy. One of guys at work should try that. He gets mad at tools, hardware, etc. and ends up throwing them. Depending what size of item and distance of the throw it can be difficult to find out in the woods at times or worse when said item lands in lake.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
7:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like that strategy. One of guys at work should try that. He gets mad at tools, hardware, etc. and ends up throwing them. Depending what size of item and distance of the throw it can be difficult to find out in the woods at times or worse when said item lands in lake.

My boss told me it would be less scary if I would throw stuff because yelling when the press spontaneously fks up makes people think I just got my caught in it.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is a good point. Maybe flip levers furiously and then toss item.

I was thinking more along the lines of worn out 3 way toggle switch. You'd be bound to hit the sweet spot.

Gizzard

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yea most of my old crusty saws, etc. have a toggle switch on/off and I sometimes fudge that up and flood stuff.

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I never really liked the switch on my ea5000 (5105) I wonder why they didn't just continue with the configuration on the 6400-7910?
Seems more better! As far as the sticker goes only looked at it once to learn positioning. But if misaligned,peel it off. If needed for reference for employees write it in sharpie.
If the top cover is misaligned I agree, that is a quality control issue. If the switch doesn't work properly,. requiring manipulation by another device, that is a quality control and or warranty issue!
There seem to be some underlying issues here that I am not privy to as a new member (I have diagnosed it as ASS or arborist site syndrome) but as a team Dolmar representative I am concerned with manufacturing issues created by Makita outsourcing assembly and or manufacture. I appreciate Makita 's money but do not appreciate them Sullying Dolmar name and reputation! In the words of Rodney King "Can't we all get along"
Man that sounded serious, I almost sounded like a real grown-up... :)

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I never really liked the switch on my ea5000 (5105) I wonder why they didn't just continue with the configuration on the 6400-7910?
Seems more better! As far as the sticker goes only looked at it once to learn positioning. But if misaligned,peel it off. If needed for reference for employees write it in sharpie.
If the top cover is misaligned I agree, that is a quality control issue. If the switch doesn't work properly,. requiring manipulation by another device, that is a quality control and or warranty issue!
There seem to be some underlying issues here that I am not privy to as a new member (I have diagnosed it as ASS or arborist site syndrome) but as a team Dolmar representative I am concerned with manufacturing issues created by Makita outsourcing assembly and or manufacture. I appreciate Makita 's money but do not appreciate them Sullying Dolmar name and reputation! In the words of Rodney King "Can't we all get along"
Man that sounded serious, I almost sounded like a real grown-up... :)
I think you black out man

Chainsaw. Addict

Active OPE Member
Local time
5:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I have a Makita EA4300F as others have said :

Choke is located at the top of the lever
Just below is run or on
Depressing the lever slightly is off
Depressing the lever al the way down is lock

The lock is not on the decal it's embossed in the case just below the lever

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good deal now he needs a saw!

LittleLebowski

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Good deal now he needs a saw!

I think that he's closing on the property today, once I hear that he's closed for certain; I will start the fundraising amongst his friends to pay for the saw and look for saws on here.

He stayed in the house overnight and sent this picture from 1AM, he's about done.

03ecd1d73ed7c9be666b3538d5a08c736eacc715-2.jpeg

pro94lt

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I'd a only known I would have bought half a dozen 421's

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
My latest ps 420 sc (uk 421) was from china. Iv had a few that were german labeled and other than a few more health and safety stickers and the silver and black dolmar sticker being different , I can detect no running or build differences. I have run and looked over a german and china saw side by side from 2016 . As yet all 5105 saws shipped from Germany to UK iv had anything to do with are Made in Germany .

LittleLebowski

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm kinda leaning towards the 5105 right now. He's got 34 acres in Southern VA, heavily wooded.