Gun range 2022,2023,2024

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
11:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last optics I bought were vortex binos. I am happy for the price and might try the scopes if I needed one.

Where you guys get reloading components?
Thinking of a new load this winter and what a headache shopping the parts.
I think a lot there is this device I am on needs to be shot lol.
I’m a fan of Vortex. When i’ve had little issues their customer service was fantastic. They sent me few goodies along with the little parts i needed.
The 2 best CS i’ve dealt with as far as guns has been Ruger and Vortex.

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've had good CS the few times I've needed.
Recently I went after market though.
Mag spring went weak on '69 Rem 700.
Got a thicker one and a machined rather than oem stamped follower.

Glad I didn't comment on the mini. My experience was with old ones and not great.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

7a4a1812.jpg

Fry take my money.jpg

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What’s the consensus on mini 14’s? Are they as inaccurate as my reading suggests? If so is there an economical fix? Just trying to get around California’s ridiculous restrictions on ar’s. They have them choked down to what’s the fûcking point of owning one

If you can live without semi-auto, the Ruger American Ranch is an awesome carbine. Takes AR mags and has a threaded barrel. Nodak Spud made an awesome set of military style sights for it, which I put on mine.

Ruger American Ranch.jpg

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don’t know about the sweet 22 but I’ve had two of the sweet 17 scopes that were absolute crap.
Thanks for the input, thats the chits about those scopes.

crowslayer17

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the input, thats the chits about those scopes.
For a cheaper 22lr scope you might take a look at the Sig Whiskey 3, Sightron S1, Simmons Whitetail, or Bushnell Trophy. I'd say in that order depending on what you want to spend. Check out Midway USA, Natchez, cameralandny.com, and EuroOptic.com for some deals.

crowslayer17

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What’s the consensus on mini 14’s? Are they as inaccurate as my reading suggests? If so is there an economical fix? Just trying to get around California’s ridiculous restrictions on ar’s. They have them choked down to what’s the fûcking point of owning one
They are accurate enough for what they are made for. Depends on what you want to do with it. I don't know about the new ones. Bought a used one in '90 that would do 3/4" and a new one early '90s that did 2-1/4". Both with 52gr hp. Both killed a lot of fox and coyote. Other friends have used them hunting also, I can't say how accurate theirs are, but they do the job. ARs have always been my main gun though since late '80s. Now that everyone has one I switch back to a bolt action though, just to prove a point.
They are nice handy rifles, but I think they got way over priced back when ARs went through the roof. They did have an kind of a target model with a barrel tuner that was supposed to be more accurate or there are places you can send them to get tuned up if you want or need more accuracy.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got a newer one and like it a lot....I'm not an AR guy so that helps me appreciate the mini 14.
There are quite a few things that can help the accuracy if necessary, specifically different sized gas bushings.
I had one of the target models that was very accurate, but the receiver failed and ruger wasn't making that model any longer so they replaced it with the standard model.

I don't know what cal's current restrictions are, but have you looked at the SCR from FIght Light in Florida?
I have first hand experience with those, and am impressed.

chiselbit

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got a newer one and like it a lot....I'm not an AR guy so that helps me appreciate the mini 14.
There are quite a few things that can help the accuracy if necessary, specifically different sized gas bushings.
I had one of the target models that was very accurate, but the receiver failed and ruger wasn't making that model any longer so they replaced it with the standard model.

I don't know what cal's current restrictions are, but have you looked at the SCR from FIght Light in Florida?
I have first hand experience with those, and am impressed.
Dangit! Wish I would have known about them yesterday before I emptied the cookie jar! Those look like a better option.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dangit! Wish I would have known about them yesterday before I emptied the cookie jar! Those look like a better option.
They're pretty slick, being you can put about any ar upper on em.

I still prefer the mini 14....but that's just me.
As far as accuracy goes, they're all (ar/ak/sks/mini14) just spray & pray guns anyway....if I actually want to hit small things, I'll use a bolt gun.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I'm not trying to be political, but I think that all shell shuckers are an endangered species in CA and similar places regardless of whether they have "assault" features or not. Just something to keep in mind.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thoughts on BSA Sweet 22 scopes for a couple of my Marlin 22’s.

I have 2 tru glo scopes. One on my marlin 25 and one on my marlin 60. Both are crystal clear and hold zero extremely well. One is a 3x9x32 and the other is a 3x9x40. That's what I would recommend for a bargain scope.

You can not go wrong with vortex. I love the two I have. Diamondback 4x12x44 on my marlin 882 and a 4x9x40 I put on my 60 when my Henry needed a scope.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't own any Glocks, but shoot them well. He did wonders for the firearm industry. Too invested in Smith and Wesson to switch. Wasn't on the roster in my old communist state. God speed Gaston Glock.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gaston didn't invent the striker fired pistol or the polymer receiver, but he combined those features into a tough and (mostly) dummy proof gun. I think Glock's biggest strength is that they keep refining and resizing the original design, rather than starting from scratch with all the attendant problems every decade like most other gun makers do. I love how I can buy anything I need or want for a Glock OEM or aftermarket right now from a kajillion places. Not many guns you can do that with.

That being said, the Browning Hi-Power is still my favorite side iron of all time. Just nothing else like it!

Reactions: Lnk