Gun Range 2024

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any of you yahoo’s use this type of gun vise ?

ED4BE60C-8468-4D17-BAA5-FF337180616B.jpeg

Last edited:

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a Real Avid Master Gun Station. A buddy has that one and its a nice one. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy one.

I have one, it's pretty decent.
Definitely a useful tool.

Thanks for the feedback fellas, I just bought the last 2 midway had ( one for me & one for my son ) $119 each & free shipping. That was the best price I saw anywhere. Hopefully they will be here tomorrow.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
2:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback fellas, I just bought the last 2 midway had ( one for me & one for my son ) $119 each & free shipping. That was the best price I saw anywhere. Hopefully they will be here tomorrow.
Thats a pretty good price

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What are you gents using for bore sights tools ?

Reactions: Lnk

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just look through the bore and adjust the scope till it agrees.....it's free, doesn't break down, and gets me on the paper the first shot every time.👍
No semi-auto’s in your collection?

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No semi-auto’s in your collection?
Set the gun on sandbags, align fixed sights on distant object. Mount scope without moving rifle, align to same object. Or, shoot at 25 yards, adjust scope, move out to 100. What semi auto are we talking about? AR's and FAL's you can look down the barrel.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Okay, I guess that was only half a thought.....lol

I am mostly a bolt guy, though it seems most levers require only the removal of one screw to remove the bolt.

Doesn't work on autos....(except ARs)

I'm out.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am a bit out of date with gun stuffs, prior to my son getting me interested in guns/shooting again last spring. The last gun bought was probably in 2000 ( 22lr for my son ) & I have only hunted/shot about 4-5 times since then so its a whole new world to me again.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Set the gun on sandbags, align fixed sights on distant object. Mount scope without moving rifle, align to same object. Or, shoot at 25 yards, adjust scope, move out to 100. What semi auto are we talking about? AR's and FAL's you can look down the barrel.

I was just thinking about them, personally I only have 22lr with scopes, the ar is open sites. I have a buddy that has/had a 30-06 semi auto & maybe 270, I can’t recall so the hamsters started spinning the wheel.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was just thinking about them, personally I only have 22lr with scopes, the ar is open sites. I have a buddy that has/had a 30-06 semi auto & maybe 270, I can’t recall.
I have found it is pretty hard not to be on paper at 25 yards, even with something machined out of spec. Some 22's have been made with the dovetail not square. I have one. I had to put a 24" square of cardboard at 25 yards, and no impacts. So I shot each corner until I saw an impact. Bottom right had an impact at top left. So about 80 moa off. Sent that one back to the mfgr, somehow it was right when I got it back. Gave me a couple free magazines for my trouble.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Next question.

Are you gents using levels or just eyeballing the reticles for perpendicularly?

I have seen it done both ways

My som has the levels for it, I have just watched others do it without them & not seem to have any issues

Last edited:

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Next question.

Are you gents using levels or just eyeballing the reticles for perpendicularly?

I have seen it done both ways

My som has the levels for it, I have just watched others do it without them & not seem to have any issues

I don't have the level, so I just eyeball it with a plum bob. I also shoot at targets at all ranges I would hunt at, to verify point of impact. I am sure it matters, especially at longer ranges. Just not enough for me at this time. Unless I can find a place to shoot more than 500 yards, then I will make sure it is precisely level.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm going to switch to my rimfires for basic high volume practice. Used to be I could shoot my own reloads for less cost than decent .22 LR, but that's certainly not the case anymore. Factory centerfire ammo is pretty easy to find but powder and primers are not, so I'll shoot the centerfires just enough to make sure they are sighted in and use the rimfires for building muscle memory and improving technique. I haven't seen LR primers for at least a year. I know they are coming in, but they vanish really fast. SP primers are fairly available, but cost more than CCI Mini Mags and then you have to spend money on powder and bullets as well as time reloading.