Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gaston didn't invent the striker fired pistol or the polymer receiver, but he combined those features into a tough and (mostly) dummy proof gun. I think Glock's biggest strength is that they keep refining and resizing the original design, rather than starting from scratch with all the attendant problems every decade like most other gun makers do. I love how I can buy anything I need or want for a Glock OEM or aftermarket right now from a kajillion places. Not many guns you can do that with.

That being said, the Browning Hi-Power is still my favorite side iron of all time. Just nothing else like it!
1911 for the win....

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gaston didn't invent the striker fired pistol or the polymer receiver, but he combined those features into a tough and (mostly) dummy proof gun. I think Glock's biggest strength is that they keep refining and resizing the original design, rather than starting from scratch with all the attendant problems every decade like most other gun makers do. I love how I can buy anything I need or want for a Glock OEM or aftermarket right now from a kajillion places. Not many guns you can do that with.

That being said, the Browning Hi-Power is still my favorite side iron of all time. Just nothing else like it!
Don't own any Glocks, but shoot them well. He did wonders for the firearm industry. Too invested in Smith and Wesson to switch. Wasn't on the roster in my old communist state. God speed Gaston Glock.
They were innovative in the early year's
I've shot them since the 80s
I still have a 30s and a 23 I've sold off all my other glocks
Virtually every other manufacturer imho beats them in ergonomics and Price
I went with 2.0 M&Ps,Canik,Taurus for my striker fired pistols and i can nearly get 2 of each pistol for the price of one glock.
1911s,CZ 75,Browning hi powers for hammer fired.
Glock really needs better triggers in today's market all the clone gen 3 glocks i've tried have better triggers.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I sold/traded in most pistols i had and replaced them with a Glock. I didn’t like them when i first held one because it was like a 2”x4”. Then i bought one, and another, and another…. They aren’t pretty or fancy but they always go bang without any issues.

I’m not really a gun collector so they get shot, scratched, dropped, etc.

I have a few i inherited that will never leave but the rest are fair game. I’m looking at getting Ruger Max 9 or Taurus GX4. Leaning towards the Ruger though.

Mycamaro_68

By guess and by golly
Local time
12:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Reactions: Lnk

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wasn't impressed with the fit and finish of the Springfield sa35 and girsan mc35
i looked at
If these sds hi powers are as well made as the sds 1911s i have
I'll buy one.

Absolution

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I finally got a hold of an arex alpha.
First shot notes and general overview.

The screw to hold on the mag release extension was loose.
Which is weird, Because they absolutely love Loctite on these things. The grip screws on their products are notorious for pretty much being stuck on and the heads easily stripped due to it if you don't have heavy downward pressure applied.

The DA trigger was no where near as heavy as people claim, Claims that I'm assuming are really coming from the standard Arex models and people not knowing the difference. It is more similar to a stock Beretta 92fs in double action, there's no stacking or hanging up and probably just under a berretta's pull length. This was with the standard weight hammer spring installed.

Now the other reason for varied reports could be because when it took it apart it was modified by the factory similarly to what I did to my CT model. Except mine was definitely more uniform in appearance in the major area that matters. So maybe hit and miss on due to the who got it at the factory.

The single action is great and as soon as I find my trigger pull gauge I'll test it. But I'm betting it's around 3lbs with a pretty short reset for a production gun.

The standard factory grips are less than desirable. They definitely have a lot of slip on the back strap area, This is easily solved with either grip tape on the cheap, or there is approved IPSC and IDPA aluminum grips for this model but they carry a $130 price tag.

The front sight is narrow. *Personal preference*, I like some movement but it's a smidge on the small size (It's .112 wide with a .120 rear.)

The barrel is thicker than the standard model. .575 vs .524. Along with a slightly heavier walled chamber when compared to the zero models, which already were touted as being strong. It seems the Manufacturer may have not skipt over the fact some competition shooters will load well over sami spec and +p loads. The lock up is extremely tight, impressively so. No movement as of now.

I've shot probably 80 rounds through it. Two mags of different stock, except for my 165gr reloads.
30 rounds of 124gr 9mm
30 rounds of 115gr steel case

With those two it ran it like a champ and was relatively flat shooting.

The biggest let down is my 165gr 9mm reloads were not cycling enough for the slide to lock back. Even when I took them into the high +P area. These reloads are extremely soft shooting similar in feel to the Match white box 45 from the 70s. I do however have a feeling that they will work with I change out the hammer spring to the 17lb one included with the pistol. But it that doesn't work I will reluctantly put in a lower power recoil spring.
Either that or change the powder of my reloads to N320 and see if it makes a difference though it will make a decent price jump compared to the Titegroup powder I use.

Attachments

• PXL_20240306_195711124~2.jpg
    PXL_20240306_195711124~2.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Absolution

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Recently there was a massive decrease in form 4 transfers. Like people were seeing a day, A week, A month in massive quantities.
It was odd that it happened a day before the ATF was grilled about wait times in congress. This was last week or so. I'm not sure if it's still the same I haven't followed it.
I think I waited 11 month on that one (It was a trust transfer).

Last edited:

Absolution

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A lot of people are hating on the 6.5 for some reason

I've never shot one.

Old post, But probably because it was hyped up and got industry support across multiple manufactures. The people who probably made most of the memes were die hard "me shoot 308", not people who were actively looking for a 6.5. On the other side there are people who were buying 6.5 creed thinking it's a magic round.
(I don't own a 6.5 creed but I do shoot 6.5x47L, Which with 6.5 creed on the market some view it as more of a hipster round. Even though 6.5 lapua holds high records consistently, take that as you will I believe most of that is the shooter, but it is an extremely efficient case design.)

EDIT: for the Keltec discussion yeah. they are ugly as *f-word. But I do want one specific keltec model. I really really want the CP33 it's got a pretty good aftermarket and it's just cool, From reviews it seems pretty reliable even though on paper it shouldn't be, as it's a coffin mag 22lr.

Last edited:

Catfishclark89

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for that. I thought it was much longer.
Yeah mine got out of jail late November of 23 after a 9 month wait. I think having to do all that for a muffler is ridiculous. You can go to any gun shop in the middle of nowhere and have a background check completed in a couple of minutes for a firearm purchase. But a muffler to put on the end of it? Oh no!! We can’t be having that!

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah mine got out of jail late November of 23 after a 9 month wait. I think having to do all that for a muffler is ridiculous. You can go to any gun shop in the middle of nowhere and have a background check completed in a couple of minutes for a firearm purchase. But a muffler to put on the end of it? Oh no!! We can’t be having that!

Yep, we can thank the democrats for that.

Firewood Hoarder

Just a firewood hack
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Screenshot_20240304_183331_Messages.jpg

I actually didn't suck shooting my 3-bird league this winter. Now I have to frame this and hang it above the loading bench...

3 bird is like 5-stand, but they launch 3 clay pigeons simultaneously. I've found it challenging and somewhat addictive.