Full Rap handle.

Outback

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well don't play coy. I might have one. An absolute badass down on the coast gave me a parts tree gift of a deal. If you're near by I'll give you one when I go down from central Oregon to Portland again in a couple of weeks. I'm feeling generous. I also have a friend running up to Seattle finishing off his house for sale for a couple more weeks. If any of you get a chance give Gustafson Logging your love DO. Absolute gentleman's gentleman.IMG_3677.JPG

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well don't play coy. I might have one. An absolute badass down on the coast gave me a parts tree gift of a deal. If you're near by I'll give you one when I go down from central Oregon to Portland again in a couple of weeks. I'm feeling generous. I also have a friend running up to Seattle finishing off his house for sale for a couple more weeks. If any of you get a chance give Gustafson Logging your love DO. Absolute gentleman's gentleman.View attachment 396309
Sure now you show this 😆 very cool he gave you all of that I'm a little jealous now. Lol what's up with the three saws????

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
572 handle on a jonsered 2071 tank. Uncut so the plate adds support to the tank and handle. Lots of things "fit". Tiny Bit of trimming on the front and it goes right into a thick part of the tank.View attachment 396310
How do you like that 572??

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got this today from HL supply looks good quality.IMG_20231109_152415.jpg

Outback

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't have a 572, bought a wrap kit to get the clutch cover and then started tooling it onto the jonsered tank since those handles are unobtainium and expensive if you find one. The 2071 i got had a some other either 390 or 395 or maybe 288 handle on it all chooched sideways when I got it. The nice thing is that it fits forward about an inch so a solid 32" stihl bar balances with no dick droop, also the wrap side sits dead between the two bar nuts so i can use a full length scrench on it now. I had to cut two loops off of the 572 spring to get the right offset but it worked too. One of those deals that worked out way better than I thought it would when I started it. I went down to get two carcasses and the parts and when I showed up they had bred and had a baby runner in the pile. I only paid two bills for that pile. Like I said, gentleman's gentleman.IMG_3699.JPG

Last edited:

Outback

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got this out dated 500i today with 2 261c mark2's and a ms460 268xp and 272xp. I will only say I paid $10 more for the 272 with the blown topend than I did for the 500 because the dude pulled it out of the shop at the end of our wheelie deals and I was almost out of cash..... It needs a handle and a brake flag. He gave it the old roll and twist on its 21st tree. Soooo tree tagged the wrap and flag. Barely "broke" in. meh, it needs two springs and the plastic piece that goes on the bottom of the wrap forward to the case. Its been a long day.IMG_3698.JPG

Last edited:

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got this out dated 500i today with 2 261c mark2's and a ms460 268xp and 272xp. I will only say I paid $10 more for the 272 with the blown topend than I did for the 500 because the dude pulled it out of the shop at the end of our wheelie deals and I was almost out of cash..... It needs a handle and a brake flag. He gave it the old roll and twist on its 21st tree. Soooo tree tagged the wrap and flag. Barely "broke" in. meh, it needs two springs and the plastic piece that goes on the bottom of the wrap forward to the case. Its been a long day.View attachment 396900
Very cool .😎

Outback

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well the 272 has to go, I can't run saws without springs except to tune them. I have a soft spot for 272's because I started on one, Its my left elbow. Dude is a land owner down in the valley and he said that he tagged it on the 21st tree it fell and it looks like it. He was trying to save money on the faller's he had hired,:rolleyes:. It hasn't suffered logger love if that's what you mean. I've priced out the parts and waffled on a half rap or full. I think I'm just gonna bite down on the full, but it'll get me close to 450 all in on the "restoration". The bar is also waffled. I'm not convinced that light bar's over 28" are a good idea. I filmed a 32" or 36" once idling and it looked like a noodle in the video. I'm gonna toss a solid 28" on it when I'm done. I may have told the wife I would "sell" the 500. To me, ha ha ha. I'm cheap. Either way I'm gonna F with it for a minute before it goes on the lathe.

The wife does paint. Maybe it can be a modern version of one of those landscapes on an old misery whip.
IMG_3703.JPG
IMG_3702.JPG

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well the 272 has to go, I can't run saws without springs except to tune them. I have a soft spot for 272's because I started on one, Its my left elbow. Dude is a land owner down in the valley and he said that he tagged it on the 21st tree it fell and it looks like it. He was trying to save money on the faller's he had hired,:rolleyes:. It hasn't suffered logger love if that's what you mean. I've priced out the parts and waffled on a half rap or full. I think I'm just gonna bite down on the full, but it'll get me close to 450 all in on the "restoration". The bar is also waffled. I'm not convinced that light bar's over 28" are a good idea. I filmed a 32" or 36" once idling and it looked like a noodle in the video. I'm gonna toss a solid 28" on it when I'm done. I may have told the wife I would "sell" the 500. To me, ha ha ha. I'm cheap. Either way I'm gonna F with it for a minute before it goes on the lathe.

The wife does paint. Maybe it can be a modern version of one of those landscapes on an old misery whip.
View attachment 397064
View attachment 397062
Yeah I'd say that bar took a good bend I never run light bars for one there to dang expensive and you just proved number two reason why I don't use them lol they might be good for bucking fire wood but other than that no thanks. Post pics of the 272 when you get it all finished up. And I know how it goes when it comes to telling the wife about how it's the last saw I promise.🤣

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
7:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 397064
View attachment 397062
What are you gonna do with that bar?

Outback

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm gonna wall art the bar as a warning to my other bars to stay in line, why? do you want it? I'm done with the 272. If it hangs around for more than a week I'll put an operator presence lever in it to get it to move. I'd PHO it for $350 as it sits. Other than some button head phillips screws in the starter its all oem, has the hd filter setup, the right side top cover screw hole is a wallered a bit. I just got some plastic polish and I'm considering sanding and polishing the top as an experiment. I pulled the oem decomp and plugged it. *s-word it even has the rubber collar around the carb screws. As 272's go she's pretty straight.

I'd do a 24" or 28" light, but a you said the stihls are stupid expensive. I've only ran the oregons.

IMG_3708.JPGIMG_3709.JPGIMG_3707.JPG

Last edited:

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
7:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm gonna wall art the bar as a warning to my other bars to stay in line, why? do you want it? I'm done with the 272. If it hangs around for more than a week I'll put an operator presence lever in it to get it to move. I'd PHO it for $350 as it sits. Other than some button head phillips screws in the starter its all oem, has the hd filter setup, the right side top cover screw hole is a wallered a bit. I just got some plastic polish and I'm considering sanding and polishing the top as an experiment. I pulled the oem decomp and plugged it. *s-word it even has the rubber collar around the carb screws. As 272's go she's pretty straight.

I'd do a 24" or 28" light, but a you said the stihls are stupid expensive. I've only ran the oregons.

View attachment 397117View attachment 397118View attachment 397119
I've gotten pretty decent at straightening out bars and putting a good line in them for the most part.
If you want to part with it PM me for details. Thanks for responding.

TheDarkLordChinChin

My name Borat, I like you
Local time
12:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do Husqvarna 394 and 395 have the same handle mounts? I might buy a 394 but can only find full wraps for 395s.