High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Farmertech, Hutzl or Holzafforma chainsaw mills...

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I should be using my 36" mill, with a 36" bar and the Flying Tiger 660 tomorrow on some large Red Oak.

I used a similar one with good success with a 24" bar on Hickory.

My comments on the video above:

1) I always use wedges, first in the end and when I'm almost done I put two in as close to the bar as possible, so when the saw breaks through the wood lifts the saw up (see saw action).

2) After you have a flat surface, you don't need the ladder or other guide. Just be careful that you are level when you start the chain into the wood.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
10:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Check the HL Supply site. Bruce brought in thirty of the 36" mills, and they sold out quickly. He has more on the way.
I've seen them, and I know they're supposed to be restocked.
I am just browsing, looking for options.

Well if my experience is the norm then I would say they are reliable. I submitted some questions via their contact form and they got back to me quickly too. It's not like I paid with western union, but I do recall it was drop shipped direct from china and took a couple weeks to come.
Thanks for Your reply.
I have no problem with longer shipping, I've been purchasing stuff from eBay that took over a month to arrive.

At this point I am only playing with the thought of getting a CSM setup.
To be honest, I don't have the time to plank logs, nor am I interested in wood turning.
I'd most likely end up milling logs for others for free, not really a worthy cause to invest my hard earned money to make favors to others.