High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

farm auction

Stihl John

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I took my two sons to a farm auction today. It has been awhile since I had taken the time to go to an auction. When we were walking in I spotted a Stihl saw on the jewely wagon. I said to my boys go look for any good things and look at the saw while I go get a number. They had found several things of intrest and said the saw was an 026. I went to see what they found and the 026 is a red lever, has pretty good compression but dirty as can be with a 20 inch .325 bar and chain. I got some plow points and planter plates for a good price and than the saw came up. I got it for $50.00 . this afternoon when we got home I looked it over. It will need new av buffers and a new chain soon but had it running in 15 minutes. It runs good to, when I pulled the muffler there wasn't a score on it. All together this morning I got a pickup bed full of stuff I can use including the saw for $130.00 so it was a good day.

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I usually go to farm auctions with a pocket full of money to buy a particular thing that required a bigger pocket. End getting good deals on stuff I had no intention of buying. Like five rolls of new hi tensile fence wire for forty bucks. It's been going up the last week or so.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I took my two sons to a farm auction today. It has been awhile since I had taken the time to go to an auction. When we were walking in I spotted a Stihl saw on the jewely wagon. I said to my boys go look for any good things and look at the saw while I go get a number. They had found several things of intrest and said the saw was an 026. I went to see what they found and the 026 is a red lever, has pretty good compression but dirty as can be with a 20 inch .325 bar and chain. I got some plow points and planter plates for a good price and than the saw came up. I got it for $50.00 . this afternoon when we got home I looked it over. It will need new av buffers and a new chain soon but had it running in 15 minutes. It runs good to, when I pulled the muffler there wasn't a score on it. All together this morning I got a pickup bed full of stuff I can use including the saw for $130.00 so it was a good day.

The china sellers on Ebay sell the entire buffer kit for like $12.00 (maybe more or less depending on if it is an auction or buy it now). Buy one and never look back unless someone decides to give them to you. It's a great deal! That was a great deal! Congrats on the find!

Mark71gtx

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I went to a farm auction to buy a disc for my Oliver Super 55. There were a few clapped out discs there and one really nice one. I didn't bother to bid on the crappy ones. I planned to go $500 on the nice one. A few minutes before the auctioneer got to it, an older fellow in overalls sat down on it. When the auctioneer called out for the first bid, that fellow said $800. He took it home... my buddy did pick up a good running MF 35 Deluxe for $900. Cost him $1200 to fix the transmission though...

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If he got it for $50 I think he can afford to go OEM buffers on that saw. I would!! Lol. Thats my luck too. Got this auction down the street that happens twice a year. I cruise through, mark down what I like to bid on, and maybe a few other "maybe's", and never come home with what I was supposed to bid on. Seems like they always go way high. One of these days the auction gods are going to smile at me...still waiting for now!! Lol

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I went to a farm auction to buy a disc for my Oliver Super 55. There were a few clapped out discs there and one really nice one. I didn't bother to bid on the crappy ones. I planned to go $500 on the nice one. A few minutes before the auctioneer got to it, an older fellow in overalls sat down on it. When the auctioneer called out for the first bid, that fellow said $800. He took it home... my buddy did pick up a good running MF 35 Deluxe for $900. Cost him $1200 to fix the transmission though...

That's happened to me a couple times. Took 2500 to buy a basket case TD-6 dozer. Nice indoor basket case with lots of new parts in boxes. Turns out the guy that rebuilds them for a living was there. He just stuck his hand up and kept it there. Nice,straight,completely original '58 Farmall 560D. Didn't even have the factory rear end upgrade. I took three thousand,that's about where it started.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
8:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I took a load of money to a vintage sale not far from simomdo a couple of years ago to buy a onion scraper box for my D2 but it started at where I wanted too finish at
But did come home with a Oregon ripsaw and a huskyL65

Guido Salvage

Supreme saw hoeder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I have a nice 6 foot disc for your tractor. PM me for details.

Nitehawk55

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Farm auctions frustrate the hell out of me , stuff usually goes for way too much . I've seen a couple farmers bidding up an old pair of vise grips they could have bought for less new :confused:
I quit going , always heard about ones that were good but I never saw one .

Really like those old Oliver tractors Mark , they run so damn nice .

Wagnerwerks

I have yet to "suffer" from CAD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have a 35 deluxe. Awesome tractor.

Wagnerwerks

I have yet to "suffer" from CAD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
D
I have gotten lots of fabulous deals at farm auctions, used to make the trip to PA every year for the Beiler's sale.
Where at? They're from port royal... 5 mins from me, but it may be a dif one.

Guido Salvage

Supreme saw hoeder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Used to be on Musser School Road (off Groffdale Road) just east of Leola in New Holland. I think the guys that ran the auction had some tax issues and it got moved south of Lancaster 6-7 years ago,.

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice saw! I've always enjoyed going to farm actions, you really just need to know what something's worth to you!!

The best are old gates, they seem to bring new prices.

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've seen a guy that want the large equipment to start quickly so he just bought up all the small stuff to get on with the sale.

Wanefree

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The last time I went to a farm equipment auction I came home with 12 ft shed trusses - enough to build an 80 ft pole shed for $150. Came home and told wifey "honey I am building a shed". Ended up using 30 trusses on a 60ft shed. Here it is:
IMG_1714.JPG