Local time
4:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Who on here is an Echo dealer?

I need an intake boot and an AV mount for a CS-260TES
http://www.echotools.com/products/category_detail/id=3577

I have PayPal, shipping would be within the US (if the seller is located in the US too).

I have to look up the part numbers, but they interchange among several small Echo saws.

Torn intake boot
View attachment 151203 View attachment 151204 View attachment 151205

Torn AV mount
View attachment 151206 View attachment 151208

FYI, not my saw - but I wouldn't mind owning this one.
The acquaintance of mine got her for the price of a beer.
He super glued the boot, replaced the AV mount with a solid piece of steel and is running the saw occasionally when he is out and about with his custom made buggy.
See my previous post.

Last edited:

Battle Cross 2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did some grinding in the air box on my 355t. Maid noticable gains. 20181222_163611.jpg I saw a thread from awhile back by Miller mod saws where he drilled some holes in the plate over the carb. 20181222_163040.jpg Theres as best I can describe walls on either side of the latch that choke air flow down to half the space ground them out. Top pic shows after grinding and reassemble.20181222_163127.jpg Same with bottom of the plate. Grind away the restrictive walls. Tried it without the plate before I went this rout but she's a spitter and covered the filter in mix.

Solo Rex

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score

Is this a copy of that saw?
https://m.huztl.net/71cc-JonCutter-...ncrete-Cutter-Blade-Not-Included-p720642.html
They (Huztl) will release a 72cc saw "soon"...
If that is a copy of a new echo, they sure works fast!

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
3:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Mutley

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did some grinding in the air box on my 355t. Maid noticable gains. View attachment 156160 I saw a thread from awhile back by Miller mod saws where he drilled some holes in the plate over the carb. View attachment 156156 Theres as best I can describe walls on either side of the latch that choke air flow down to half the space ground them out. Top pic shows after grinding and reassemble.View attachment 156158 Same with bottom of the plate. Grind away the restrictive walls. Tried it without the plate before I went this rout but she's a spitter and covered the filter in mix.

Merry Christmas (I'm guessing it's still Christmas day there? It's Boxing day here already!):xmas:

Thanks for the info & the photos! :smile:

Did you have to wind the H screw out very far after you made the mod?

jk14

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone, have a part number or know where I can source a clutch removal tool for an Echo cs750evl?

Thanks
Jeff

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did some grinding in the air box on my 355t. Maid noticable gains.

I just got a new one, I looked it over, and found the air filter to be very thick and restrictive. I have not run it yet, but I plan on finding or making a better filter for it. Also the vent leading into the filter box might need opening too. I say you should try to come up with a minimal temporary filter and make a test cut without the stock filter and see if there's improvement.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another good test would be to run it with the external air intake vent blocked, and a test with the flywheel vent in the air filter box blocked to see if the air from the flywheel is enough, and if its boost pressure is lost out the other intake vent.

Mutley

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you do that, wouldn't it be like running it with a dirty air filter?

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am wondering why they have both an external air intake vent behind the saw, and the flywheel air injection. I'd think they'd have one or the other.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm working on a 352 in my spare time. So far I've done a muffler mod and gained around 5% cut speed with a slightly noticeable increase in torque. Do these respond well to ignition advance or is it not worth trying? I figure every 5% is worth it, but not worth the effort if someone knows it won't help. These little rear handle Echos don't rev up very high: 10900 max out of cut, 9700 max power in cut.

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
U can also try ChainsawBars AKA RobD in the UK

https://www.chainsawbars.co.uk/product/echosaws-echo-chainsaws/

Who on here is an Echo dealer?

I need an intake boot and an AV mount for a CS-260TES
http://www.echotools.com/products/category_detail/id=3577

I have PayPal, shipping would be within the US (if the seller is located in the US too).

I have to look up the part numbers, but they interchange among several small Echo saws.

Torn intake boot
View attachment 151203 View attachment 151204 View attachment 151205

Torn AV mount
View attachment 151206 View attachment 151208

FYI, not my saw - but I wouldn't mind owning this one.
The acquaintance of mine got her for the price of a beer.
He super glued the boot, replaced the AV mount with a solid piece of steel and is running the saw occasionally when he is out and about with his custom made buggy.

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm working on a 352 in my spare time. So far I've done a muffler mod and gained around 5% cut speed with a slightly noticeable increase in torque. Do these respond well to ignition advance or is it not worth trying? I figure every 5% is worth it, but not worth the effort if someone knows it won't help. These little rear handle Echos don't rev up very high: 10900 max out of cut, 9700 max power in cut.

Most Echo have a fairly aggressive timing advance. Some of the homeowners saws might benefit, but it is doubtful if they are running Echo CDi. You might also want to be sure there's no cat in that exhaust.

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe I’m missing something. Did a a muff mod and removed limiter caps on a new 590, the H was one turn out and with the tach after it warmed up rpm was 10,550. Usually Echo is really leaned out. I have to use a tach because after 40 years in a factory, a brick of 22 lr a week since the age of 7 and numerous rounds of shooting trap I can’t hear chit. I left the rpm low for the first couple tanks but that usually ain’t how Echo operates, especially only 1 turn out and 10,550 rpm.

I've noticed on some of the Echos with catalytic converters, that they aren't tuned nearly as lean as, say, the 500 series are from the factory. My CS361W was very rich, even with the cat removed.

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes indeed. Echo is like Japanese carmakers in the sense that they usually hold back and let others come out with the latest and greatest. They study it, correct any flaws, and then introduce their take on it when they are good and ready to, usually with better results.

A large part of the reason is Japan and most, if not all of Asia have less strict emissions standards for small engines than the US and Europe do(strato saws aren't even required with standard carbs). We often forget that there's 120 million people in Japan, and that Korea, Australia, Phillipines, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, and India are fairly good sized markets for mid-priced quality made small engine equipment that Japan has on offer, and this is without mentioning Africa and South America. So they were simply installing cats in to their saws while considering strato and electronic options in the near future. The fact they've gone so long without is astounding, tho.