Carbine

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems it is treating you well.

@Carbine send me a pm early next week, I believe I have a carb.. may not be a 203 but I have a few 670/6700 carbs floating around. Just not home to check.

Thanks buddy. I told my friend to take it to my other friends shop and let him vac/pressure test it. If it turns out to be the carb (that's what I think it is) I'll get ahold of you. I should know more this week.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
1:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Say Guys, I did notice one thing about the Echo CS-670. The muffler bolts need to be check for tightness now and then -- all five of them. There are two that hold it to the cylinder and are accessible through a muffler housing flap, and three on the outside. It's kind of a goofy design, and I'm not sure if the housing flap that's held in place by two of the bolts even needs to be there.

One of the owners told me that one time all five came loose on him and the muffler wound up on the ground. I then checked mine and found two of them were too loose.

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got a ported CS670. That thing is just pure love.

Carbine

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On those 670`s I have found many to have a small crack in that flexible intake manifold between the carb and cylinder. These saws were worked hard and rough in woodyards and I think they got yanked back hard when the bar would get stuck/jammed in a cut. Then they would act that same way and eventually come back to me to be fixed over and over.

After finding more information from him, I believe this to have something to do with it. He got the saw hung up in a tree, and although he didn't tell me this, he is ham fisted and probably yanked on it hard enough to ass up the intake manifold.

Carbine

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If any of you guys have an extra exhaust and complete piston, my friend is in need. Lil Red barn has complete piston for 30 bucks, but I'm guessing it is golf (no go). Oem is 70 iirc.
Even if you have a good running 670 lmk, and I'll pass it along.

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After finding more information from him, I believe this to have something to do with it. He got the saw hung up in a tree, and although he didn't tell me this, he is ham fisted and probably yanked on it hard enough to ass up the intake manifold.

It was a common problem for me, I changed out more than 7 of them, they are short and won`t take much yanking til they split. I finally convinced the woodyard owner to sell off the 670`s and go back to Stihl saws, the difference in price did not make much difference when constant repair kept the Echo`s from cutting wood. The Stihls just don`t come in as often needing repair. I boxed up and sent all the spare parts from those saws off to other members 6 -7 years back, was a couple of rebuilders in there but the woodyard didn`t want to put money into them again.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A slight possibility, I may have a couple 6700's coming up for sale. Same basic saw.

Carbine

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A slight possibility, I may have a couple 6700's coming up for sale. Same basic saw.

He found another 670 today, but keep me in the loop and I'll pass it along.

Last edited: