High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Dedicated 28" bar powerhead poll

Sty57

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Most those guys don't give a *s-word enough to clean an air filter, you think they are gonna take the time to reset the mtronic system? No lol they are gonna throw it to the side and grab another saw
Or it will get thrown under the skidder, tractor, or stump........
I have very little patience for something that doesn't work right when I need it now.

Don't matter to me if it's the greatest wiz-bang thing on the planet.
If it doesn't work when it needs to, it'll get put in time-out.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most those guys don't give a *s-word enough to clean an air filter, you think they are gonna take the time to reset the mtronic system? No lol they are gonna throw it to the side and grab another saw

I just hung up the phone with one of my buddies that's doing big logging/excavation jobs.

He has 3 661s sitting in his shop that don't idle..

Now I know the internet cowboys are gonna make up some story about why that is..but like i said ..this stuff shouldn't be an issue for trivial stupid ass reasons.

Last edited:

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Or it will get thrown under the skidder, tractor, or stump........
I have very little patience for something that doesn't work right when I need it now.

Don't matter to me if it's the greatest wiz-bang thing on the planet.
If it doesn't work when it needs to, it'll get put in time-out.

My 201c has almost flown as far as the smellerizers 390 a few times..I hate that piece of sh!t.

Sty57

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My 201c has almost flown as far as the smellerizers 390 a few times..I hate that piece of sh!t.
I bought a Harbor Freight air bodysaw, because I just needed it for one thing.

That sombitch got launched into the woods as far as I could throw it.

Found it a few weeks later going through the woods. I dig a hole with the tractor and buried it right where it laid.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think I know what is triggering the problems on M Tronic saws that several folks have encountered. I let someone else use my 261 and watched what he did, and Shazam … it had problems!

He ran it low on fuel, insisted it was not low on fuel, and kept trying to start it. I think the computer is designed to protect against air leaks and goes rich right away. For several tanks, could not start it w/o the throttle wide open, and the saw would not idle. Returning to normal seems like a much slower process than protecting against a lean condition.

My saw finally idles again (after about 6 tanks), but is still not 100% on the hot start (unless you pull the trigger). Very annoying, but at least I think I understand what happened.

Anyone else with experience or thoughts on this please chime in.

Would be nice if these saws had either a fast idle position or a reset button (you can not do the re set procedure yourself if it does not idle), but they don't.

I love M Tronic when it works right, but it has been a PITA lately.
It’s a combination of a couple things imho. #1 Heat.. the restrictive mufflers and various other details that contribute to them running hotter than pre-epa saws... #2 restrictive tank vents (compared to pre epa saws) that allow air in but not out easily... watch a plastic gas can with no vent expand with heat in the sun... #3 people who need more training on how to properly use a saw (factor in that the electric carb saws aren’t as tolerant to begin with). Both stihl and husky have worked at improving there electric carb saws with continual updates I did notice. Of course the more parts something has... the more there is to go wrong. The electric carb saws have teething issues, but performance isn’t one of them for sure when they are working right. At least that’s the way I look at it. On a big saw like a 661 I think I actually prefer tuning it myself. I like being able to set it fat for hard work.

Last edited:

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s a combination of a couple things imho. #1 Heat.. the restrictive mufflers and various other details that contribute to them running hotter than pre-epa saws... #2 restrictive tank vents (compared to pre epa saws) that allow air in but not out easily... watch a plastic gas can with no vent expand with heat in the sun... #3 people who need more training on how to properly use a saw (factor in that the electric carb saws aren’t as tolerant to begin with). Both stihl and husky have worked at improving there electric carb saws with continual updates I did notice. Of course the more parts something has... the more there is to go wrong. The electric carb saws have teething issues, but performance isn’t one of them for sure when they are working right. At least that’s the way I look at it. On a big saw like a 661 I think I actually prefer tuning it myself. I like being able to set it fat for hard work.

There's more to it. I have 2-201c's and one is fine and the other is garbage.

My newest 362 john ported seems fine so far....

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think I know what is triggering the problems on M Tronic saws that several folks have encountered. I let someone else use my 261 and watched what he did, and Shazam … it had problems!

He ran it low on fuel, insisted it was not low on fuel, and kept trying to start it. I think the computer is designed to protect against air leaks and goes rich right away. For several tanks, could not start it w/o the throttle wide open, and the saw would not idle. Returning to normal seems like a much slower process than protecting against a lean condition.

My saw finally idles again (after about 6 tanks), but is still not 100% on the hot start (unless you pull the trigger). Very annoying, but at least I think I understand what happened.

Anyone else with experience or thoughts on this please chime in.

Would be nice if these saws had either a fast idle position or a reset button (you can not do the re set procedure yourself if it does not idle), but they don't.

I love M Tronic when it works right, but it has been a PITA lately.
Yeah problem number one. Letting your friend touch your tools.

I do as well...and some run ok and some run like sh!t.

Resets and all this BS isnt going over too smooth with the guys who actually have to count on these tools.

You shouldn't have to recalibrate a chainsaw because it was ran low on fuel or you held it the wrong way..it's a pain in the ass that 99% of guys out there dont understand or really care to learn.

It's a chainsaw..not a fukking spaceship.

Who do we gotta talk to about putting a reset button on these saw instead of heading to the dealer?

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There's more to it. I have 2-201c's and one is fine and the other is garbage.

My newest 362 john ported seems fine so far....
The others standard carb I’m guessing?

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ryan was it hot out when the saw acted up?

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
+ masterminded.

Got any pics ?

d1a4fdc15703462d80018be4d498c210.jpg